Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Frozen Fever
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 pm 
Living here
Living here

This topic is to discuss the upcoming Frozen animated short film "Frozen Fever". What are you hoping it will be about? Who do you want to see? WHAT do you want to see?

What we know:
- Release date (Spring 2015)
- It will involve "all the characters"
- It will feature a brand-new song
- It will be a short film, so less than 15 minutes. Probably less than 10. (Tangled Ever After was 6.)

What are you looking forward to?

Post subject: Re: Frozen Fever
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:41 am 
Animation Source is my home!

So it seems like they're basically animating this book (which isn't released yet) called Elsa's Gift.

These are the only two images released of the story so far

It still actually leaves room for my potential idea. Where Anna get's sick and Elsa has to give her sister a little TLC on her birthday. Wherein a promise to be around her more and give her an actual perfect birthday would most likely happen.

All I gotta say is, if they keep that ice sculpture of Anna in the animated short, I'm gonna have to protest. I'm no Elsa expert (plz, I'm pretty much an expert at these characters), but if I was Elsa, I'd find that sculpture incredibly triggering. Just putting that out there. Not exactly my ideal decor for Anna's birthday, who very much died for her sister's sake not too long ago LOL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:13 am 
Living here
Living here

I noticed something. "welcoming back to the big screen..."

The big screen, in official terms, exclusively refers to the theater screen. Which means, basically, this short film will precede a Disney movie of some kind. All I really know that's coming out in Spring next year is Cinderella (though they could make it REALLY late and play it in front of The Avengers, which would probably be the better move). In any case, it's great to see more and more info come to light on this!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:10 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

At first, I will admit that I don't know what to think of this "Frozen Fever" short.

I mean, I understand why Disney would want to make a short film as a follow-up - "Frozen" is their current cash cow [other than anything Avengers, Marvel and other Disney Princess properties], so why not milk that cold cow for all its worth? I don't mind more "Frozen" stuff, but I hope that it doesn't ruin the canon or the main point of why people love the series.

At least it does seem to have the original cast and the songwriters/composers returning, so that's promising! Sounds better than most other continuations Disney has worked on in the past.

angryunicorn wrote:
So it seems like they're basically animating this book (which isn't released yet) called Elsa's Gift.

These are the only two images released of the story so far

It still actually leaves room for my potential idea. Where Anna get's sick and Elsa has to give her sister a little TLC on her birthday. Wherein a promise to be around her more and give her an actual perfect birthday would most likely happen.

All I gotta say is, if they keep that ice sculpture of Anna in the animated short, I'm gonna have to protest. I'm no Elsa expert (plz, I'm pretty much an expert at these characters), but if I was Elsa, I'd find that sculpture incredibly triggering. Just putting that out there. Not exactly my ideal decor for Anna's birthday, who very much died for her sister's sake not too long ago LOL

Honestly, I think it won't go the same way as "Elsa's Gift", mainly because the book summary doesn't match the short's summary. "Frozen Fever" is about Anna's birthday, while "Elsa's Gift" is about the Winter Ball... but the messages may be similar - how Elsa wants to do something special for her little sister. I do agree with your idea, angryunicorn, about Anna getting sick [it did say something about Elsa's powers putting "more than the party at risk"], so I'm leaning toward that.

Also, yeah... that sculpture would be quite a trigger for Elsa. Bad, bad BAD memories... Why you do this, authors? ;__;

Skulblaka_Shur'tugal wrote:
I noticed something. "welcoming back to the big screen..."

The big screen, in official terms, exclusively refers to the theater screen. Which means, basically, this short film will precede a Disney movie of some kind. All I really know that's coming out in Spring next year is Cinderella (though they could make it REALLY late and play it in front of The Avengers, which would probably be the better move). In any case, it's great to see more and more info come to light on this!

That's what I'm thinking too; lately Disney has been debuting short films prior to their movies, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was paired with the new live-action "Cinderella" movie. I doubt it'd be on DVD in the Spring, but I don't count it out of a DVD/Bluray release in the future - it worked for "Tangled Ever After" on the Diamond Edition of animated "Cinderella", but if Disney knows what's best for them, they should release the "Making of Frozen" special with the "Frozen Fever" short by themselves. That's just what I think though...

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:11 am 

Juuchan17 wrote:
At first, I will admit that I don't know what to think of this "Frozen Fever" short.

I mean, I understand why Disney would want to make a short film as a follow-up - "Frozen" is their current cash cow [other than anything Avengers, Marvel and other Disney Princess properties], so why not milk that cold cow for all its worth? I don't mind more "Frozen" stuff, but I hope that it doesn't ruin the canon or the main point of why people love the series.

At least it does seem to have the original cast and the songwriters/composers returning, so that's promising! Sounds better than most other continuations Disney has worked on in the past.

I honestly am not too worried about it, for the exact reasons that its the same people working on the short. They're giving people what they want, which is more, without crapping out a ridiculous sequel first, which is what old Disney did. Old Disney would've announced Frozen 2: Electric Boogaloo coming out this Christmas, and Frozen on Broadway SUMMER 2014. But you can tell they really like Frozen because they're still giving us more without giving us crap. I know there's no announcement for a Frozen 2, but I can sense a sequel on the horizon, and they've said they won't make a sequel until they have the perfect story for it. Which is good, because they can easily slaughter this cash cow xD

While I know it's only gonna be a short (a maximum of 30 minutes) I still worry for if they write in a petty argument for the sake of one. I would not like that too much. But since Jennifer Lee is on the case, mayhaps she won't let that happen.

Juuchan17 wrote:
Honestly, I think it won't go the same way as "Elsa's Gift", mainly because the book summary doesn't match the short's summary. "Frozen Fever" is about Anna's birthday, while "Elsa's Gift" is about the Winter Ball... but the messages may be similar - how Elsa wants to do something special for her little sister. I do agree with your idea, angryunicorn, about Anna getting sick [it did say something about Elsa's powers putting "more than the party at risk"], so I'm leaning toward that.

Yeah, you're probably right. I knew it was sort of "Christmasy" instead of birthday themed, but it seemed really familiar. I'm hoping they don't use that plot honestly LOL Call me picky, but I'd believe Elsa and Anna would want the same thing, which is each other.

Juuchan17 wrote:
That's what I'm thinking too; lately Disney has been debuting short films prior to their movies, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was paired with the new live-action "Cinderella" movie. I doubt it'd be on DVD in the Spring, but I don't count it out of a DVD/Bluray release in the future - it worked for "Tangled Ever After" on the Diamond Edition of animated "Cinderella", but if Disney knows what's best for them, they should release the "Making of Frozen" special with the "Frozen Fever" short by themselves. That's just what I think though...

- Juuchan17

The only reason I don't think they're gonna put it before Cinderella is because they don't put animated shorts in front of their live-action movies (Maleficent for example). But I think starting with putting Frozen Fever in front of Cinderella would help sell tickets honestly LOL But it'll also not reflect if Cinderella is good or not, since most people are openly willing to pay for full admission just to see the short. If that's the case, maybe they'll release Frozen Fever by itself like their Frozen Sing-A-Long.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:14 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

So, new "Frozen Fever" news!

A recent Huffington Post article states this:

Quote:
Walt Disney Animation Studios also plans on getting into the expanding-the-Frozen-universe business with a brand-new short that will feature the entire Arendelle gang.

Tentatively titled Frozen Fever, this seven-minute-long film (which will be directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee and produced by Peter Del Vecho, the exact same trio that rode herd on the full-length version of Frozen) will detail Elsa and Kristoff's efforts to make Anna's birthday her best day ever.

So, at least we know the new short is going to be a tad bit longer than "Tangled Ever After", only a minute longer. Also, "Frozen Fever" may not be the final title... I wonder what it could be if not "Frozen Fever"?

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 am 

Juuchan17 wrote:
So, new "Frozen Fever" news!

A recent Huffington Post article states this:

Quote:
Walt Disney Animation Studios also plans on getting into the expanding-the-Frozen-universe business with a brand-new short that will feature the entire Arendelle gang.

Tentatively titled Frozen Fever, this seven-minute-long film (which will be directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee and produced by Peter Del Vecho, the exact same trio that rode herd on the full-length version of Frozen) will detail Elsa and Kristoff's efforts to make Anna's birthday her best day ever.

So, at least we know the new short is going to be a tad bit longer than "Tangled Ever After", only a minute longer. Also, "Frozen Fever" may not be the final title... I wonder what it could be if not "Frozen Fever"?

- Juuchan17

That's very curious. I am happy to see that Elsa and Kristoff and spending time together. I just hope that doesn't ruin my Elsa and Anna time together :|

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:35 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

angryunicorn wrote:
That's very curious. I am happy to see that Elsa and Kristoff and spending time together. I just hope that doesn't ruin my Elsa and Anna time together :|

Heheh, or maybe lead to any Elsa-Anna-Kristoff time together...? *koff-koff-ishipit-koff-koff*

Then again, I'd love it if they had a trio-song together in the end. It'd be cute. I'm placing my bets on that.

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:04 pm 

Juuchan17 wrote:
angryunicorn wrote:

Heheh, or maybe lead to any Elsa-Anna-Kristoff time together...? *koff-koff-ishipit-koff-koff*

Then again, I'd love it if they had a trio-song together in the end. It'd be cute. I'm placing my bets on that.

- Juuchan17

Kristelsanna FTW, long-live polyamory!

Anyway LOL I'm not sure if they'll have Kristoff sing-sing. Unless they tap into any change of his character post-Frozen, he still doesn't seem the type to sing publicly. Like, in the movie, they were gonna give him a singing part with Anna, but they decided against it because it was not-like him.

Kind of like Flynn Rider, his only "singing" was when he was being threatened, but then once you notice him coming around, that's when he starts singing and it was actually pretty dramatic.

I could see Kristoff singing a little bit, but being really self-aware about a musical number. That's just what I think LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:13 am 

The Frozen Fever wikia has updated! I was partially right. Instead of Anna getting sick, apparently Elsa is getting sick this time. None of the art of their new dresses features her ill, which is understandable but still curious.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Frozen_Fever

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:06 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Good news! We now have new screenshots of the short movie, including some rather cute moments with Anna and Elsa! [Widescreened and from the Disney/Frozen FB page]

Is the hype real? I think it is. Also, those dresses... OMG, I'm loving them a lot.

- Juuchan17

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:14 am 

I am looking forward to see Frozen Fever.