Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Favorite Video Game Character?
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:38 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

What's your favorite video game character and why? As for me, mine would probably have to be Fox McCloud from the Starfox series. Mainly because of my interest in animals and starwars as a kid and just enjoying the Starfox games in general. Though I do think his personality somewhat changes in each game which I kinda don't like.

Post subject: Re: Favorite Video Game Character?
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:35 am 
Living here
Living here

I'll say Roxas and Vanitas from Kingdom Hearts, because they're my current favorites.

From older games though, I love Bowser (Mario games), Tails (Sonic games), Link, Zelda (Legend of Zelda games), Blue, Red, and Lance (original Pokemon games). I really liked Fox McCloud, but I've only gotten to play one of the Star Fox games, so I never got super attached to the character.

My reasons?

Roxas: I don't quite remember why, but he's been my favorite Kingdom Hearts character for as long as I've been into Kingdom Hearts (which has been years, but I just recently got to play the games). I guess it's because I originally found Sora annoyingly cheerful, but cute. Roxas was like a feircer version of Sora and has a more interesting backstory (his time in the Organization), also while playing 358/2 Days, I wasn't constantly yelling at him to stop being an idiot. Plus, it's so fun to fight with two keyblades!

Vanitas: I will probably never play Birth By Sleep (I don't want a PSP), but I've been watching the cutscenes to fill me in on the story. I just love Vanitas! He's arguably the evilest villian I've seen in Kingdom Hearts. Plus listening to him, it's like an evil Sora which makes me laugh. I also love his keyblade and the fact that when he does a surprise attack, he actually stays quiet instead of screaming and alerting the enemy as he swings his keyblade.

Bowser: He's such a loser, but in games like Paper Mario, he's also the comic relief. I happen to love funny villian characters!

Tails: He's adorable and a genius, he also amazing with mechas and actually fights unlike a lot of geniuses who just sit back and watch their plans unfold.

Link & Zelda: I have played so many Legend of Zelda games... It was hard not to get attached to them. XD

Blue, Red, and Lance: Can't say I liked them much until I got into the Pokemon Adventures manga. I like Blue and Red much more than Gary and Ash. Lance was actually a favorite in the game even before I read the manga, which he was epic in! I just love dragon trainers. ^-^

LATTS- http://www.animationsource.org/lady_tra ... 16543.html

Last edited by Pikayu on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:34 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

What an interesting question.

There are sure very many likable characters. Especially within games that dive deep into character back-stories (mainly RPG games).

I could go on for a few hours talking about characters that I like.... but I'll pick one. And since it's hard to pick the most favored...I'll pick at random:

Two... three

Amaterasu or Chibiterasu from Okami and Okamiden respectively.

This is also a similar reason why I like the characters the make up Noble Team in Halo: Reach. Specifically the character you play as, Number 6.

To me, the key that drives me to like these characters so much is the number of hardships and sacrifices that these characters faced and made throughout their adventures.
In all three of these cases, that characters faced such things for the best interest of the cause that they were fighting for.

Simple and to the point for now. XD

Go read The Rites of Passage and Defense of a Crippled City Novela and RP.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:58 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

I have one out-right favourite video game character ever;

John Marston from Red Dead Redemption. He is so awesome in every way, fantastic character.

Close second would be Amaterasu from Okami.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:30 pm 

One of my all-time favorite characters is definitely Albert Wesker. <3 (If you don't know who that is... shame on you)!

I don't even know fully why I love his character so much. I'll admit - part of it might have a little something to do with his looks. (Let's face it; I'm a sucker for the hot 'bad guys'). And c'mon, he has super powers! Whenever he shows up, trouble isn't very far behind, either. :) ... And the sunglasses thing is pretty cool.

The movies helped me get into his character at first because - obviously (/point to sig & avatar) I'm an RE nerd.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:02 am 

UKthewhitewolf wrote:
John Marston from Red Dead Redemption. He is so awesome in every way, fantastic character.

Ahhh yes, I LOVE John Marston. He's just wicked. <33

Buuuut Snake from the Metal Gear games would have to be my favourite videogame character. He's just.. so awesome. I can't even explain. He's complex and cool, and has really interesting views and beliefs regarding war and battle. Plus... he's frickin hot. ?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:28 am 

Here are mine:

TES:
Oblivion:
Ocheeva
Lucien Lachance
Vicente Valtieri
Mathieu Bellamont
(Dark Brotherhood FTW xD)
Skyrim:
Ulfric Stormcloak
Paarthunax

Tekken:
Yoshimitsu
Hwoarang
Bryan Fury
Kunimitsu

Warcraft 3:
Illidan Stormrage
Rokhan(from Frozen Throne mini-campain) - This guy always cracked me up. I love trolls xD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:06 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Mine would have to be Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series because it's amazing how he's able to escape from certain death situations and still be able to fight! Plus he's funny as hell!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:36 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Same thing: Nathan Drake : Uncharted games.

I love his personnality...the character only....but Victor Sullivan too ...gentleman..good guy.

Je vous aime!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:21 pm 

Ooh i have an select few.. lets see..

John Marston from Red Dead Redemption & Jimmy Hopkins from Bully (Canis Canem Edit)
This is a very well made character. Out of all Rockstar games I only really found an interest in John Marston and Jimmy Hopkins from Bully (Canis Canem Edit). As both games being brilliant, had very perfect suiting lead characters. John for being a violent man, but only when people show no manners. He himself will give off the impression of a very polite man when someone does give him good deeds. It just shows he will return what he is given and its such a suiting way.
Jimmy was just fun to see as some hard rough bully who has been kicked out of so many schools.. yet somehow he does have some good in him, and as himself claims "I only give what people have coming to them" which in the game, does just that. Though at times for a fee..

Yu Narukami from Persona 4
Despite Persona Games having some very uncomfortable content of Tarot Cards and Gods as the Personas themselves.. The Protagonist from Persona 4 i thought had a very suiting role to play in the game. Though he has no voice or real diologue in the game. Thats what he as a character suited best. They did give him more a role and personality in the Anime which i think is just a perfected version of the game so. Aye i like him as a character. despite the game having its bad touches, the human side of life was pretty fun.

Mario from Super Mario Bros
Mario.. Why? Cause that man has gone 8 worlds and back in about what? 100 games? JUST to save a princess who wont do nothing but kiss his cheek or forehead and bake him a cake.. and goes walking round the corner to get kidnapped again.. THIS MAN.. HAS dedication.. though personally i think we all agree he should just let Bowser have her cause its not that worth it is it?

Snake and Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid Series
Comeon, how can anyone whose played metal gear solid ever not like Snake? I dont get what it is that is so likeable about him to me.. But i think Big Boss from 3 really proved to me as a great sense of character, especially as Solid Snake is a clone just like him, it shows. Plus the game itself is just really great and im really glad for ONCE did they stop at a REALLY great ending on MGS4 and NOT make another to ruin the story. instead they went back to the past like MGS3 with Peacewalker which i yet to play but hear is really good *nod* So.. aye i still love Snake.

I cant think of more at this momento in time.. but it will come to me.

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:42 pm 

Ohh, there's a big tie for me here...All the characters I love are from the very same game, but I can't decide which one I love the most x3

The video game is Okami.

And the characters are: Amaterasu, Issun, Waka and Susano.

Amaterasu: Even though she doesn't really do much except run around, fight enemies and do whatever she has to, what I love about her is the backstory and the design. Everything is gorgeous. And yes, I do believe that Amaterasu is a female, since it was stated somewhere that it's genderless and up for interpretations.

Issun: I love love love his attitude alot <3 Sure, he might get a little too obvious or even annoying in the game, but the way he talks sometimes with various people, that hot-headed attitude of his that appears often...I love it xD

Waka: He is just so...girly, and...and fly, and... And the fact that he talks with that French accent gets me everytime, for I love French xD And he is just so calm and cunning it's just beautiful <33 Ohh and the design is very nice ^^

Susano: Do I really need to comment on this one? xD His over-confidence gets me every time, and when he fools himself so much it's obvious and he still doesn't get it...I love that alot <33 Oh and his habits too. Like, when Ammie finds him in the weirdest places and situations everytime like sleeping, praying and whatnot. I love Susano ^ ^

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:56 pm 

I have a few favourite video game characters that come from the nineteen eighties.

1.Ms,Pac-Man

2.Pac-Man

3.Q*Bert

4.Mario/Hammerman from Donkey Kong

Sig by Moki

I'm offering NO argument to any Animation Sourcer -Celtic Kate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:51 am 
Beginner
Beginner

UKthewhitewolf wrote:
I have one out-right favourite video game character ever;

Close second would be Amaterasu from Okami.

I agreed, you deserve a cookie.

Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes was pretty cool as well, he'd be my third.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:52 pm 

My favorite game at the moment is Shuan the Sheep. And, of course, my favorite character is Shuan. It's because i fall in love with this series for long. It's funny and entertaining. I've downloaded all Shuan the Sheep game series from top1apk. It includes Lost in London, Lost in underground, etc. They are not too difficult but fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:08 am 
Famous one
Famous one

I'm such a big fan of Okami that Amaterasu is unchangingly my favorite.