Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: FANART/IMAGES OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Because after countless times of seeing this, I finally got sick of it. I have gotten permission from Togo to do this as well, so this is an official warning, and guideline for other FA/FI moderators on the other source sites as well as here.

From here on out, the incorrect featuring of official characters in fanart and images to get around the ratio rule will now result in warning. You are to ONLY feature official character icons if those characters are in the image. If you render over a screenshot of an official character, it is NOT that character anymore, so don't feature it. If you post a drawing of a fan pup or relation of an official character, unless that official character is in the image, again, don't feature an icon of them. Only of your fan character, if it has a page. I've also seen members try to pull empty lineart as an official character.

If you do not want to draw official fanart, I have no sympathy for you. I'm sorry, but I just don't anymore. This has gotten ridiculous. There are other sites you can go post on. Fanart-Central, DeviantART, SheezyART, FurAffinity, even PhotoBucket. One official drawing to every 10-15 original is not twisting your arm. We are not being unreasonable. This is a FAN SITE to the BALTO movies, not your fan characters. If you're an artist, you shouldn't be complaining anyway. Just use it to have fun with a drawing, instead of turning into something negative.

If you already follow this rule, then there's nothing to worry about, continue. But to any others, note this evasion of the rules will no longer be tolerated, especially by me. You brought this on yourselves.

~ Have a nice day

Post subject: Re: FANART/IMAGES OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:21 am 
Living here
Living here

I was wondering if you make a pup for characters (not Balto characters just your own) can you then link to the parents character pages?

I do realise it's not allowed with official Balto characters but I'm just wondering if the other thing is okay? :3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:39 am 
Famous one
Famous one

So that means we can't draw our characters that aren't Balto related in fanart section?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:20 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Skotta wrote:
I was wondering if you make a pup for characters (not Balto characters just your own) can you then link to the parents character pages?

I do realise it's not allowed with official Balto characters but I'm just wondering if the other thing is okay? :3

Oh no, you can still do that, this is just for official characters. You can make them for official characters as well, just when sending in the art/image, only feature the character/s in the image. Is that what you mean?

GhostWolfMadarao wrote:
So that means we can't draw our characters that aren't Balto related in fanart section?

Of course you still can, its just some members are trying to get around the ratio official/original rule by featuring official character icons so their art will go through, when that character is nowhere in the image. This applies to every source site, fanart and images. Though I can imagine it would apply to fanfiction as well, but I'm not sure how often this problem comes up in that section.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:44 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

luckyshamrock wrote:
What happens if it does it by accident? Do we have chance to rectify it?

I have had 2 occasions where it has selected a random baluo char alongside mine that I selected

It does that? O_o I don't know how... maybe PM Steet and he can check coding so that wouldn't happen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:54 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

I have a question, although I don't think it applies to my particular situation (most of my pictures are "macros" of official characters, made and posted before such were ruled out as fan images). If someone already had a disproportionate number, would they be warned after the fact or just blocked from posting more OC shots until the numbers were rectified?

Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:53 pm 

Draco wrote:
luckyshamrock wrote:
What happens if it does it by accident? Do we have chance to rectify it?

I have had 2 occasions where it has selected a random baluo char alongside mine that I selected

It does that? O_o I don't know how... maybe PM Steet and he can check coding so that wouldn't happen.

Oh yeah, it does that. I just looked at some of my images, it said it was some werid "Itachi" wolf. o_o I never clicked any Itachi.