Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Don Karnage and the Sky Pirates' Return
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:42 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

After 26 years, Don Karnage returns to TV in "Sky Pirates...in the Sky" in the Ducktales reboot.

After seeing the episode, I was filled with a lot of emotion seeing him again....however Jim wasn't voicing him and took me re-watching the ep a few times to accept the new Karnage and the pirates in general.

I see a lot of rumors flying on tumblr right now with the most popular one being that the Karnage in Ducktales isn't the Karnage from Talespin but instead....a descendant. With fresh blood like Peg Leg Meg, Stinky Boot, and Ugly Mug AKA Jitterbug and no appearance or mention of the old crew, it isn't a surprise or stretch since Talespin IS based in the 30s-40s and the reboot is based in the present day.

What do you guys think? Do you think something different is going on or think we'll be more blessed with more appearances of the pirates to get a more explanation into whats going on with the rebooted Sky Pirates?

Post subject: Re: Don Karnage and the Sky Pirates' Return
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:18 am 
Beginner
Beginner

BBgirl626 wrote:
After seeing the episode, I was filled with a lot of emotion seeing him again....however Jim wasn't voicing him and took me re-watching the ep a few times to accept the new Karnage and the pirates in general.

I was also disappointed that Jim Cummings wasn't voicing Karnage. The Darkwing Duck clip, which has been the best part of the new Ducktales series IMO, got my hopes up about him reprising Karnage. Alas...

But the new voice does lend credence to the new Karnage being the original Don Karnage's descendant. Don Karnage III carrying on the family legacy? Maybe DK III was an off, off, way-off Broadway actor, but when the Recession hit, he was out of work. So, along with his singing/dancing cohorts, he returned to the family business? *shrugs*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:46 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

I also watched that scene and the whole episode later, but I'd rather lean toward the theory of Karnage being cursed by immortality. That's why he looks still young despite the ages. And if comes to the voice, I think the other voice actor would be explained by the fact that Karny would be fed up of his own disappointment of his old crew. :) But the theory of being the descendant is also plausible.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:39 pm 

Ann29 wrote:
BBgirl626 wrote:

I was also disappointed that Jim Cummings wasn't voicing Karnage. The Darkwing Duck clip, which has been the best part of the new Ducktales series IMO, got my hopes up about him reprising Karnage. Alas...

But the new voice does lend credence to the new Karnage being the original Don Karnage's descendant. Don Karnage III carrying on the family legacy? Maybe DK III was an off, off, way-off Broadway actor, but when the Recession hit, he was out of work. So, along with his singing/dancing cohorts, he returned to the family business? *shrugs*

I actually thought so, too. However, I thought all the crew was related to the Karny since Stinky Boot looks like Dumptruck and the screwy one look like Mad Dog. Either that, or they are making fun of Karnage and the air pirates.