Did you like the sequel
Yes 82%  82%  [ 42 ]
No 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 51
 Post subject: Re: Did you like the sequel
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:08 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

I liked the movie, not love but it was pretty good.
One, Patrick Stewart. I have a huge love for Star Trek and X-men, so of course I saw it when it came out because PATRICK STEWART! While I did find the cutesy scenes cumbersome and sorta annoying (and along with the fact you don't get the great payoff like in the first one with adult Bambi) but hey, that's Disney. I did like how they tried to create the Great Prince, and focus on hey- what happened after Bambi's mom died? Ronno- well why I did like his design, you have to be a big fan to actually know he's the buck Bambi battles with for Faline. His design is the same, well, younger, but are we supposed to recognize him? He's never called by name in the first movie, and he has 4 minutes of screen time, most of that in shadow. The movie sorta defeats the fact that the animals hadn't seen him in a while once he was a full buck in that spring, and even more so when Faline asked him if he remembered her. If he had grown his antlers early in Spring and stayed with his friends through summer and fall, wouldn't he have matured a lot more, maybe even close to the buck he was in the second act of Bambi? Oh well, it's still a pretty good movie.
(Though to be honest I liked Bambi's family better when they were dysfunctional)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:56 pm 
Living here
Living here

Out of all of the sequals , This one was awesome. I loved seeing more interaction with Ronno and Bambi , And More of Young Bambi With His Daddy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:37 am 

Yes, I like the midquel (that's what it is as it's set in between the original movie), but I prefer the original movie to it.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:39 pm 

I liked the characters and the animation was gorgeous (WAY better than the other DTV sequels), but the story was just so bland.

Bambi and his father go for a few walks, Bambi meet up with Faline and Thumper, he meets Ronno, he walks with his dad some more, there is another doe, there are some dogs, he walks again. It's about as interesting as it sounds.

But the animation prevented me from hating it. It's beautiful.