Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: BREAKING NEWS - New Balto DVD release! [not kidding!]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:18 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Not to be rude but how did I know they were gonna cut corners like this so badly?
This looks really cheaply made! I'm not gonna beat around the bush. Universal, you ripped us off with your cheap excuse for animated movies once again!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:33 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Alicane wrote:
Not to be rude but how did I know they were gonna cut corners like this so badly?
This looks really cheaply made! I'm not gonna beat around the bush. Universal, you ripped us off with your cheap excuse for animated movies once again!

What is it that is cheap? The cover art is previous art from their original releases, so I see no issue there. Plus, this is just a re-release, nothing exciting. The main thing is that there is movie on the disc, right? And that at least two of the films made it back on the shelves?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:34 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Mighty, come on. Are you not a bit surprise that Balto 1 & 2 are in one box and back in stores?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:17 pm 

What makes you think I'm not surprised? I never stated anything that would make anyone think that.

Skip to 6:19, I'll be sure to react that way next time I see the DVD in stores. *sarcasm*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm 
Living here
Living here

balto and balto 2 were re-released ? must get an A on all of my classes. :p and i'm so going to the store and purchasing this. :D and does anyone know if they'll release all of the movies on blu - ray ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:51 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Mightybalto1925 wrote:
Alicane wrote:

What is it that is cheap? The cover art is previous art from their original releases, so I see no issue there. Plus, this is just a re-release, nothing exciting. The main thing is that there is movie on the disc, right? And that at least two of the films made it back on the shelves?

Doesn't this look like just another weak attempt to milk a few more dollars out of this series by doing shoddy re-releases? Come on! Putting this back on the shelves with a "different" cover isn't going to change a thing. If Balto wasn't selling before, it won't sell now. Making a Balto Double Pack more convenient for consumers will not benefit anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:59 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

[dreamly]This is first step of secret PR-company of Balto 4! Or are marketing research, which will show whether or not to make Balto 4! They are interested![/dreamly]

Ehhh... But we all know truth.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:36 am 

Alicane wrote:
Doesn't this look like just another weak attempt to milk a few more dollars out of this series by doing shoddy re-releases? Come on! Putting this back on the shelves with a "different" cover isn't going to change a thing. If Balto wasn't selling before, it won't sell now. Making a Balto Double Pack more convenient for consumers will not benefit anything.

It happens, older movies do sometimes get re-released. But here is my take on it. Universal is re-releasing some of their films onto Blu-Ray/DVD packs like Disney is doing. Since Balto not being one of the more popular movies, they released only Balto 1 and 2 onto a DVD pack. But as for a "different cover"? These covers are not new. This is Balto's original DVD cover that was released in 2002, along with Wolf Quest.

Quote:
This is first step of secret PR-company of Balto 4! Or are marketing research, which will show whether or not to make Balto 4! They are interested!

Err, no, absolutely not. You have no proof of that. But the proof is in the money the films made. I don't know how many times this must be explained, but Balto 3 didn't do very well after its release. Plus, the Balto movies are not very popular or well-known. Universal would not go out of its way to figure that out, especially when they know the films were not one of their biggest hits.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Juuchan17 wrote:
NTWolf wrote:
As for WoC... Well, if people like the first two there's a good chance they could buy the 3rd sequel online easy enough.

Or if you shop on Amazon, you can get the double set and WoC for about 24 bucks. eBay might be the same way if you buy from certain sellers/stores. Yay, bundling!

And so far, the only triple-feature DVD set release has been in Region 4 [AKA Australia/New Zealand], and they've also had a double pack [with a bonus activity book too; their cover art wasn't so AWFUL as the US release version [then again, the international releases were much better looking and truer to their movies], so I give them props for that... but why couldn't they bring the International covers over for the new double feature set? Waaah.

- Juuchan17

Actually Australia/New Zealand isn´t the only region where such a triple-feature set is been released.

Here the French triple feature (found on Amazon, so it´s no fake)

And that´s what you can get in Germany (Saw it in stores but since I already have the double-DVD pack and WOC separately I didn´t buy it)

(For those who don´t know what I´m talking about, this is the double DVD pack.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Mightybalto1925 wrote:
Alicane wrote:
Doesn't this look like just another weak attempt to milk a few more dollars out of this series by doing shoddy re-
Quote:
This is first step of secret PR-company of Balto 4! Or are marketing research, which will show whether or not to make Balto 4! They are interested!

Err, no, absolutely not. You have no proof of that. But the proof is in the money the films made. I don't know how many times this must be explained, but Balto 3 didn't do very well after its release. Plus, the Balto movies are not very popular or well-known. Universal would not go out of its way to figure that out, especially when they know the films were not one of their biggest hits.

Ah... You didnt notice [dreamly]?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 pm 

Notice what?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Mightybalto1925 wrote:
Notice what?

Oh, i make a error in word, yes? There should be dreamily, not dreamly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:02 pm 

What the heck are you talking about? And what does this "dreamly" have to do with anything?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:05 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Honestly the cover looks fine......though I already have those films separately.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:06 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Mightybalto1925 wrote:
What the heck are you talking about? And what does this "dreamly" have to do with anything?

Oh, this language barrier... OK, another try. Part where "This is first step of secret PR-company of Balto 4! Or are marketing research, which will show whether or not to make Balto 4! They are interested!" it is my dreams, but all know what that would never be.

Still confuesed?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next