Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: * BREAKING * Message from Glenn Ross Himself...!!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:55 am 
Living here
Living here

Appreciate what I am about to say is completely off topic but then when in Rome...

Balto doesn't need anymore - it is a stand alone wonderful movie that if anything should be released on BluRay and for me that would be enough.

Balto 2 was awful and I personally wish that it had never happened. It cheapend the original movie and it shoe-horned the characters into a story which had less to do with the original than Tremors. Balto 3 was OK, I enjoyed it more than 2 but had I seen B3 before B1, I doubt that I would have looked up and seen the original.

If Amblimation had still been around then perhaps the Balto series would have had a better future. But we CAN give Balto a better future without Universal. How? Simple - when you grow up show Balto to your kids and in the future use Balto to entertain your grand kids.

Remember that feeling you had when you first saw Balto? Simply allow others to have that feeling too.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/BaltosVault
"Like" my page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/BaltosVault

Http://fluke.theicecave.org

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:01 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Ac wrote:
But we CAN give Balto a better future without Universal. How? Simple - when you grow up show Balto to your kids and in the future use Balto to entertain your grand kids.

Remember that feeling you had when you first saw Balto? Simply allow others to have that feeling too.

Precisely, Ac. Not every animated theatrical (or even televised) release over the decades has had subsequent sequels, and those which haven't are usually remembered even more fondly than those which have. And no one complains about not having seen more. Look at Disney's Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs--no sequels since its first release in 1937 (adaptations by other production companies notwithstanding; there have been no direct animated sequels BY the Disney company); or Chuck Jones' (and Columbia's) Rikki-Tikki-Tavi--no sequels since its first release in 1975; or Chuck Jones'/MGM's How The Grinch Stole Christmas--no sequels since its first release in 1966 (again, adaptations and re-imaginings, including Ron Howard's lousy live-action, makeup-heavy version from 2000, notwithstanding); or Disney/Pixar's Up--even though the movie was left wide open for a possible sequel, there have been none announced since the original in 2009.

Well, you get the idea.

People who were kids when the ones I mentioned above first came out (those who are still alive, for example, when they first saw Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs) remember those movies fondly...whether they appeared first in the theaters, or on television. And the fondness for those movies only grew over time, even without so much as a single sequel.

People have been sequel-crazy in the last thirty or forty years. Especially within the last twenty. It's stupid. Not every movie NEEDS a sequel. Most are better without it. And certainly they don't need several sequels.

As Ac has said...remember the movies fondly...even if you like Balto 2 for some reason. Leave the Balto franchise to slip into movie history in peace. It deserves that.

Avatar of epicness, and awesome signature image, by MightyBalto1925!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:44 am 
Living here
Living here

Balto's Sequels were'nt the best. I Agree that Not Every Movie Needs a Sequal. Balto Is Great Movie That Should Get A blu - ray , But Sadly , Universal Will never care enough about Balto. I don't think they should Make a Balto 4. Chances are , It would be Just like Balto 2 and Balto 3.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:25 am 
Young pup

If they could get really good writers balto might be a success, but since no one has taken in an interest in old timely things like that they probably wouldn't even consider it. It's sad to be honest, but at least they have thought about it in the past and maybe in the near future we could see them make a new one, but I fear it would be shoddy 3d not the "how to train your dragon, or rise of the guardians" 3d, but obvious direct to dvd movie type of thing. It's probably for the the best though we won't ever have to be graced with the horrors of a possible, chunky looking 3d balto film. It was still nice of him to take the time too look over everything you've sent him though!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:56 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Wow...I'm amazed it's been that long since that topic was started, and people are still replying there O_o

Considering everything happening over the years, "traditional" (as in, not CGI, not Flash ...) animation in the USA is dead.
If I should give some advice to everyone who wants continuation of this franchise, it'd be to ask for a smartphone video game (IOS / Android). Most don't cost very much to make, so a small company could be interested into buying the rights from Universal to make out something. At least, at this point, that's the most realistic thing that could happen IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:24 am 

steet wrote:
Wow...I'm amazed it's been that long since that topic was started, and people are still replying there O_o

Considering everything happening over the years, "traditional" (as in, not CGI, not Flash ...) animation in the USA is dead.
If I should give some advice to everyone who wants continuation of this franchise, it'd be to ask for a smartphone video game (IOS / Android). Most don't cost very much to make, so a small company could be interested into buying the rights from Universal to make out something. At least, at this point, that's the most realistic thing that could happen IMO.

That's an interesting idea, but I wonder how much it would cost to buy the rights.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:01 am 
Living here
Living here

Probably Millions of Dollars to buy out the rights.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:10 am 

Erm, I know this is a bit late to be saying this, but I would never by the fourth Balto movie. I never bought the third or te second Balto, because after watching them, I was discouraged. And, no offence, I am so glad that they didn't make a Balto 4, because it'd probally really just be another corny sequel. :roll: In my opinion. I've always resented the sequels. They held no meaning, and they just didn't make sense. Look, I bet, if they did make a balto 4, they'd probally have TERRIBLE animation. (As if I even know how to make an animation! :lol: ) I bet I'm about the only person that posted here that didn't like the sequels, and wouldn't care if they made a Balto 4. . . :roll: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18