Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: * BREAKING * Message from Glenn Ross Himself...!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:57 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

I'll say this much about people complaining that to the producers it's more about money than fans. The idealist in me agrees, but let's be realistic. Film makers have expenses like anyone else; it's not like they're running a not-for-profit charity. Some film producers do operate that way, focusing strictly on ideals, but Universal Studios doesn't roll like that.

Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:30 pm 
Young pup

One thing's for sure, We could bribe them with a couple of bucks(actually, not couple, a lot, per person). I'm hoping to raise cash to support the Balto Franchise(Mostly the Se/Pre-qual, AKA Balto 4).

I hope that I'm able to achieve this goal within 2015-20. If not, I've failed Balto. Also, the donation link is not found.

I think I saw steet posting a link about Universal Animation Studio Closing, this is possibly fake.... since they made a Kid Cartoon Movie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little ... (2011_film)

If they don't make it(B4), well..... just about 6-8 more years left to hope, if not, I'll just brainwash(forget about) Balto from my memory, it's just gonna be another of piece of history. :(

Last edited by Hyper_Balto_Fan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:43 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Hyper_Balto_Fan wrote:
One thing's for sure, We could bribe them with a couple of bucks(actually, not couple, a lot, per person). I'm hoping to raise cash to support the Balto Franchise(Mostly the Se/Pre-qual, AKA Balto 4).

I hope that I'm able to achieve this goal within 2013-15. If not, I've failed Balto, and will cry for about an hour before I go to bed or when I'm sleeping, until I've raised about 2m to get this running again.(Don't ask about "HOW" this will be achieve, I will not respond, unless it's over 50 people asking.)

Even if you did manage to do that (which, believe me, you won't) two million is beyond scrawny for a movie budget. I couldn't track down the first two movies' budgets, but WoC's was $3,500,000. And even with two million, I don't think Universal would throw in another at least 1.5m to make a movie that has long been said isn't going to happen. They've decided it won't turn a profit, they've said no. This ambition to make a fourth movie has been done again and again and what some people need to realize is it won't happen. I'm not trying to crush your dreams, I'm just being realistic here.
And besides, I get the feeling even if they did make a fourth movie it would of course turn out crap and... we'd all complain again :/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:32 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Hyper_Balto_Fan wrote:
One thing's for sure, We could bribe them with a couple of bucks(actually, not couple, a lot, per person).

Bribe them. That's just loaded with common sense, and is suuuuure to succeed. Image

Hyper_Balto_Fan wrote:
I hope that I'm able to achieve this goal within 2013-15.

With the goal you mentioned in your post? Utterly impossible.

Hyper_Balto_Fan wrote:
If not, I've failed Balto, and will cry for about an hour before I go to bed or when I'm sleeping, until I've raised about 2m to get this running again.

This immature statement alone demonstrates why you would be hopelessly ill-suited to engage in such a campaign. You're just another kid with some unrealistic expectations about how the movie industry actually works, and totally clueless about what it takes to raise funds (especially in bleak economic times) and grass-roots awareness of what is really a series of movies with a small and slowly-declining fan base.

Hyper_Balto_Fan wrote:
(Don't ask about "HOW" this will be achieve, I will not respond, unless it's over 50 people asking.)

Uh huh. And this demonstrates why you will also fail at this whole idea. Not only don't you have a clue about how you are going to proceed with it, but you are unwilling and unable to deal with questions and debate about it.

Ugh. It's just mind-boggling...

Avatar of epicness, and awesome signature image, by MightyBalto1925!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:14 am 

Kid, you don't even know what you're talking about...

Let Balto go, and don't dedicate your whole life to Balto.

Lastly, this topic should be locked, it's just another Balto 4 topic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:17 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Huh... Somebody still belive in Balto 4? Well, franchise is obviously dead. How many time passed from Balto 3? 8 years. Enough time to do another part and if they want they already do this, but... At nowdays all doing's for money. In World is no so many fan's of Balto. In my country live 143 000 000 peoples and there only ~10 000-20 000(Speed count in social webs) peoples who interesed in Balto. Maybe in other countrys more people who interesed in Balto, but still too less. And who said what they all go on 4th part? Well, studio always can widen... Uh, the target audience, but that will be a nigthmare! Just imagine Balto in 3D with nuke explosions, blood, nude and etc. Maybe... Let Balto go? Yeah, it will be sad, but what can we do? Make our own Balto 4? Again... "How many time passed from Balto 3? 8 years. Enough time to do another part and if they want they already do this"... I guess what only way to Balto's life is... our hearts. But sometimes life in hearts will be ended and... that's all. No future. It's sad, how i already said. Oh... Rewatching Balto is dangerous for mental health. Open old wounds. I go make some bad drawings.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:53 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Astahov wrote:
I guess what only way to Balto's life is... our hearts. But sometimes life in hearts will be ended and... that's all. No future. It's sad, how i already said. Oh... Rewatching Balto is dangerous for mental health. Open old wounds. I go make some bad drawings.

That was...depressing. Thank you. Image

"In [remove "Soviet"...LOL] Russia, mood not kill you. You kill mood!"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:43 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

JerseyCaptain wrote:
Astahov wrote:
I guess what only way to Balto's life is... our hearts. But sometimes life in hearts will be ended and... that's all. No future. It's sad, how i already said. Oh... Rewatching Balto is dangerous for mental health. Open old wounds. I go make some bad drawings.

That was...depressing. Thank you. Image

"In [remove "Soviet"...LOL] Russia, mood not kill you. You kill mood!"

Just another one mind under melancholia attack. Anyway...

Astahov wrote:
Well, franchise is obviously dead. How many time passed from Balto 3? 8 years. Enough time to do another part and if they want they already do this, but... At nowdays all doing's for money. In World is no so many fan's of Balto. In my country live 143 000 000 peoples and there only ~10 000-20 000(Speed count in social webs) peoples who interesed in Balto. Maybe in other countrys more people who interesed in Balto, but still too less. Make our own Balto 4? Again... "How many time passed from Balto 3? 8 years. Enough time to do another part and if they want they already do this"...

This isn't true? This is a true. Depressing, but still true. Oh, and using opportunity - What count of peoples in different countrys who interested in Balto?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 am 

Astahov wrote:
Huh... Somebody still belive in Balto 4? Well, franchise is obviously dead. How many time passed from Balto 3? 8 years. Enough time to do another part and if they want they already do this, but...

Astahov wrote:
This is first step of secret PR-company of Balto 4! Or are marketing research, which will show whether or not to make Balto 4! They are interested!
Original post: http://www.animationsource.org/board/post1469275.html#p1469275

Sounds hypocritical to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:26 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Astahov wrote:

I realize your English isn't all that good (it's quite apparent), because you are clearly not a native speaker, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. And really, a lot of what you have been saying is really difficult to understand because your command of English is quite poor. I don't mean that offensively...it just IS.

That aside, what I quoted you as saying IS depressing and really quite irrelevant.

Astahov wrote:
Astahov wrote:
Well, franchise is obviously dead. How many time passed from Balto 3? 8 years. Enough time to do another part and if they want they already do this, but... At nowdays all doing's for money. In World is no so many fan's of Balto. In my country live 143 000 000 peoples and there only ~10 000-20 000(Speed count in social webs) peoples who interesed in Balto. Maybe in other countrys more people who interesed in Balto, but still too less. Make our own Balto 4? Again... "How many time passed from Balto 3? 8 years. Enough time to do another part and if they want they already do this"...

This isn't true? This is a true. Depressing, but still true. Oh, and using opportunity - What count of peoples in different countrys who interested in Balto?

When did I suggest that it is not true that the Balto franchise is "dead"? I am not certain it IS dead, but it certainly is firmly stuck in limbo. Is THAT depressing? That depends upon whether or not someone would see more sequels of the Balto movie as a good thing. And in answer to that, I have five words. Just five little words: Universal's Land Before Time sequels.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:40 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

They would ruin it, and judging from the current movies produced, they would totally destroy it. Either by ruining the storyline or by ruining the characters ( or both). Honestly the thought of a sequel causes me to worry. It's a wildcard, you have no idea what sort of thing they might throw out there.

Honestly I don't care to see another sequel unless it was written by God himself and signed with gold ink in his handwriting.

Murphy's law can be so annoying.....can't it? :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:54 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Mightybalto1925 wrote:
Astahov wrote:
Huh... Somebody still belive in Balto 4? Well, franchise is obviously dead. How many time passed from Balto 3? 8 years. Enough time to do another part and if they want they already do this, but...

Astahov wrote:
This is first step of secret PR-company of Balto 4! Or are marketing research, which will show whether or not to make Balto 4! They are interested!
Original post: http://www.animationsource.org/board/post1469275.html#p1469275

Sounds hypocritical to me.

Again, you missed something
Astahov wrote:
[dreamly]This is first step of secret PR-company of Balto 4! Or are marketing research, which will show whether or not to make Balto 4! They are interested![/dreamly]

Now see? Or dreams and hypocrisy still the same thing?

JerseyCaptain wrote:
Astahov wrote:

I realize your English isn't all that good (it's quite apparent), because you are clearly not a native speaker, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. And really, a lot of what you have been saying is really difficult to understand because your command of English is quite poor. I don't mean that offensively...it just IS.

That aside, what I quoted you as saying IS depressing and really quite irrelevant.

Yep, my English is bad. But as for 15 years school boy... Huh, still bad. About "depressing and really quite irrelevant" part. Shortly, i want to say next:
Low count of fans + No new Balto movies or other stuff for last 8 years = Franchise is dead\stuck in limbo. => No Balto 4.
Still dont catching meaning of my words? About 5 little words. Well, last part was released in 2008 year. They forgot this franchise after milked all they could.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:59 pm 

I'm totally confused here...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:37 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Astahov wrote:
About "depressing and really quite irrelevant" part. Shortly, i want to say next:
Low count of fans + No new Balto movies or other stuff for last 8 years = Franchise is dead\stuck in limbo. => No Balto 4.
Still dont catching meaning of my words?

Exactly how long are you going to drag out what needs to simply be left alone after the first response?

Meaning of words not issue. Understand basic idea. Use of language big problem.

Astahov wrote:
About 5 little words. Well, last part was released in 2008 year. They forgot this franchise after milked all they could.

MY "five little words" refer to the fact that Universal Studios, which owns not only the Balto franchise, but also the Land Before Time franchise, milked the latter one to death. By doing no less than twelve HIDEOUS direct-to-video sequels to what was a great original movie, they have utterly destroyed the Land Before Time setting, characters and fandom. Each sequel was progressively more infantile, boring and stupid than the previous one. I couldn't watch more than one...I have only read reviews of the others, and they are consistently disastrous. NO ONE likes them or thinks they were a good idea. Thank goodness that Don Bluth, legendary former Disney animator who produced and directed the first movie, never had any involvement in those sequels...but how it must pain him to see what they had done with his story and his characters (the same can be said for his Secret of NIMH movie...same situation. But that one only needed ONE horrendous and absolutely ridiculous sequel to kill the notion of more sequels. Perhaps MGM was a little smarter and cut the cord after the first disaster).

(I could link to a hilarious website which explains the Land Before Time sequels in a way that fits the general view of them. Unfortunately, it is laced with profanities and, well, that wouldn't last if I posted it here. But it is hilarious.)

The point? The Balto franchise has had two sequels...both direct-to-video. The original Balto movie, just like the original Land Before Time and the original Secret of NIMH, was a theatrical release. Better production values and talent pool, better voice casting (usually), better time schedule to do voice tracks (and correct bad acting) and to do continuity and quality checks on art and animation, etc. I can't say I disliked Balto 3, because I did actually like it. But, apart from a couple of minor aspects of Balto 2 (Aniu, and seeing the puppies), I absolutely hated that one. Is there a NEED for another sequel? Really? Or more than that? Especially if they are all going to be direct-to-video releases, which is the realm of cheap production values and lack of quality?

NO.

Does that spell it out enough? Because I think I don't need to keep bandying this back and forth with you any further. And I think you need to give it a rest now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next