Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Born With Power Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:52 am 
Animation Source is my home!

To everyone reading this who is not Windancer or WolfCall: This is a discussion topic for our new roleplay. Please do not steal any ideas that are suggested here and please do not post here for whatever reason. Thank you.

To WolfCall and Windacer: Alright guys! Who's got a plot idea? I've been thinking about it and trying to come up with something good, but my muse has gone away,

Post subject: Re: Born With Power Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:58 pm 

I'm definitely interested in hearing more about Windancer's idea having to do with people with powers. :D
As of right now, I don't have anything myself but I've been working on a few. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:19 pm 

I really don't have any fully developed plots yet, but I have a few vague ideas we could work on if you guys want. If you don't like them, just say so; I haven't worked on them enough to have my feelings hurt. ;)

If we're having them born with powers, then we could make it so the main characters aren't actually fully human; they're aliens. Sort of an "I Am Number Four" thing, but they aren't being hunted down by another alien race. Though, we could do that if you want.

Another possible idea has to do with that familiar evil scientist plot; because those can be really fun to do. Their parents could have basically sold them to this illegal, hidden lab for large amounts of money, meaning their kids were subjected to some experiments before they were even born, giving them powers. The kids don't know this up until their teenage years, when the scientists decide to take them back, which is when the roleplay would take place.

...That's all I've got at the moment. Tell me what you guys think; I can scrap these ideas or work on them more, depending on your opinions.

A wolflover at heart.

Want to request a story? http://www.animationsource.org/board/something-different-t34189.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:40 pm 

I like them both but I'm really interested in the evil scientist one. :D However, I'm open with anything. What do you two think?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:49 pm 

I was leaning towards that one too, but I'm fine with either, honestly. I guess it depends on what Black Rose thinks?

A wolflover at heart.

Want to request a story? http://www.animationsource.org/board/something-different-t34189.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:36 pm 

Sorry it took me so long to reply guys! I have been busy with work and getting ready for college.

Anyways, I like the second one better as well. Just throwing this out there to add to that, maybe these scientists want to make the teens like super heroes and try to get them to work with the police forces and stuff. At first the teens could think it is really cool and awesome, but then they have to deal with keeping their real lives separate from their hero lives. And when they try to go back to just being kids again, the scientists won't let them. I dunno, something like that. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:23 pm 

That'd be really cool! I like that idea. They would definitely struggle with giving everything they've ever known up and doing something that selfless. Who wouldn't? Would we want them to begin to adjust to superhero life or not? Maybe some of them could begin to warm up to it and others not so much?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:16 am 

I'd be really interested in doing that; great idea, Black Rose!
If we wanted a main antagonist (other than the villains they'd fight as heroes) one of the scientists could want to use them for his own evil purposes, though no one knows that until later. Of course, we could just have the criminals be the main antagonists if you don't want to do that.

And I think some of them would warm up to being heroes, while others wouldn't; it really depends on their personality.

My only question is how would we introduce the scientists?

A wolflover at heart.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 am 

I definately agree that some would take to the hero life and some wouldn't. Conflict, yay!

Anyways, Windancer, I'm not sure if I understood you're question correctly, but if you mean how do we bring them into the story, I'd say they could either show up at each kid's house and demand them back. Or, what I think would be interesting, is if they are all called to the office during school or after school they are all gathered together for some reason (maybe discussing their powers) when the scientists come to them and sugar coat the story of the experiments to make it sound less cruel and more cool than it is. Then they could take the kids to their lab where they ask them questions about their powers and seem only interested when in fact they are taking notes in their mind of the progress. They suggest the whole hero thing and the kids think it really cool at that moment and accepted, Then they go home and tell their parents who are not as thrilled about it but willing to accept because they do not want to tell their kids what they did.

As for main antagonist, it could be the scientists sort of as a whole since they won't let the kids leave their hero lives and are willing to go to extremes to keep them fighting crime. Later on in the story, the scientists could even hold one of the heroes hostage in order to keep the others who want to go back. Then later on they'd have to use their powers against the scientsts and break free. I do like the idea of a main one who has evil purposes, like pretending to want them to fight of evil but secretly wants to take over the city and the world. Maybe that could be why some of them want to leave the hero life because they are being asked to take down people that are not really criminals.

Okay, I am getting a little ahead of myself, haha.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:05 pm 

I really like the idea of them getting them at school and getting them to think it's a great idea.

Also, I love the idea of an evil scientist and of the scientists being the antagonists. There could be that one who has evil purposes whispering in the others' ears and trying to make them believe that his/her plans are good. He/she could also be the one behind making the kids stay. He/she could tell the others that they can't afford to lose the kids and let them leave.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:01 pm 

I like them being called into the office too, and WolfCall's idea. Should the character's know each other beforehand, or would this be their first meeting?

A wolflover at heart.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:02 pm 

It could be a mixed bag. :) Like a couple of them might know each other where as others don't?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:07 pm 

Like WolfCall said, or also, they could know each other but not really know each other, you know what I mean? Like they've seen each other around school and maybe heard some things about them, but it would be insteresting if not all of them were friends and we could build on those relations.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:16 am 

Sorry to double post, but I have begun work on the actual topic, just typing out the plot and all that stuff. Anyways, if there anything else we need/want to add to the plot?

Also, for the evil head scientist person, should one of us play him/her or should we create this character and than have all three of us play him/her as needed? I prefer the latter because he/she won't really be in the main story too much until the end. Also, it would help later on if we all contrl him/her so if one of the heroes needs some "convincing" to stay as hero, the member who's character it is will know the best way to make the story the most dramatic and interesting.

The same should go with all the other scientists. And I was also thinking that each of the kids should have their own scientist or group of scientists that they are with the most while training and strengthening their powers. To use a Hunger Games reference, kind of like Katniss's styling team. Innocent people just doing their jobs and as much under the control of the head scientist as the kids, though most of them are just willing to let him do as he pleases.

And two more question.

1. How hold should the kids be? I think they should all be around the same age since the parents probably all had this done to them around the same time.

2. How many characters do we each wanna have? I am comfortable playing any amouth from two to ten characters, so it really don't matter to me. And I think the only characters we really need are the kids with powers. Everyone else is just background.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:04 pm 

I agree; I think the scientist should be a character we all play, though we should decide on personality here, so it's easier.

I like the idea of mainly being with a small group of scientists for training; how many scientists in a group though?

I think the kids should be around 16...if that's okay with you guys. 14-17 seems the best age range to me.

As for how many characters, I was thinking two-three.

A wolflover at heart.