Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Best Moment/Scene of ADGTH2?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:01 am 
Famous one
Famous one

. . . This topic's so not original, is it?

Well, since the first one has one, why not for the sequel? What was the best scene from the film in your opinion and why? (no short two-word reasons, please . . . if it's a "best scene" to you, there should be a really good reason or two . . . or more!)

It sucks but I have a couple of scenes that clearly stand out for me:

1: Charlie and Itchy's farewell - I thought it was a touching moment . . . not just because their actions on Earth to retrieve the horn ended up giving them a second (THIRD, if your name is Charlie B. Barkin)chance at life, but because the paw-to-paw friends ended up separating . . . Itchy chose to remain in Heaven while Charlie chose to stay with David and Sasha. It seems they always get separated at the end . . . but they're still friends. It's an emotional moment for me, probably the most in the sequel.

2: "I Will Always Be With You" - The song, the imagery, the emotion . . . it's probably one of the most beautiful scenes in the film. Maybe it's that whole "final moment we have to say goodbye" feeling that I get every time I watch the film that makes it so touching . . . or maybe it's because Sasha realizes how much Charlie really is a good guy (and Charlie realizes how precious time really is, especially with David and Sasha . . .). I don't know. Still, it's a great scene.

3: Charlie saves the day - The climax of the film . . . yeah, Charlie blaring Gabriel's horn. He seems to be a different character from the Charlie at the beginning of the film, and it's a good thing. He is the hero of the movie . . . it's almost like his shining moment in the sequel, so it belongs here.

So, what about you?

- Juuchan17

Post subject: Re: Best Moment/Scene of ADGTH2?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:23 am 
Animation Source is my home!

Erm this is dificult as i aint seen the movie in a little while but till i re-watch im going to judge by memory.

OFcourse i never forget the song 'I will always be with you' IS one of my favorite scenes, sometimes i skip alot to see that only xD

I did also like the song 'Its to heavenly here' It was nice and i liked the voice actor who sang it to, but only his songs.

The final scene when itchy leaves Charlie and Charlie/Sasha's kiss i liked them two as well =)

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:07 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

There are some scenes that come to mind

Everybody knows a good scene when they see one, I'm also going to say "I will always be with you" that scene just....the first time I saw it and even thinking about it now, it just has this fantasy presence to it that just takes you away. Even if the movie is low budget and the art is not grand, I think that gives its magic even more and with the song and all...its just unforgettable.

the scene at the end where Charlie & Itchy say goodbye, I don't know about anybody else....but when I saw that I cryed my eyes out. Becuase they always stick to the end and right when they can go back together, they split. I was hit so hard by this moment that I told my mom & dad that I didn't feel like going to school the next day.

another scene I like, but its very short, is when davied is pulling the link of handkerchiefs out of itchy's ear. Just the face on Itchy when it happens is just funny

another sence is the bar scene with Sasha, not because its Sasha doing what she dose best, but that the spot-light thats on her from the start is gone for the rest of the song. But yet she still has the yellow look to her, apparently she so hot....that she has her own golden glow

Last edited by dpstq on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:33 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

I liked all of it but my favorite scenes are "I will always be with you" and where Charlie defeats Red.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:40 am 
Advanced
Advanced

It has been years since I saw this so at the moment I cannot think of anything but "I will always be with you". So I am going with that one. For now...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:36 pm 

Definatley the scene with the song I Will Always Be With You, such a beautiful song, all I can say when I die I want this played at my funeral (knock on wood). I also really like the scene when Charlie first meets Sasha, that scene shown a different part of Charlie we didn't see in the first movie.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:07 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Charlie B. Barkin wrote:
Definatley the scene with the song I Will Always Be With You, such a beautiful song, all I can say when I die I want this played at my funeral (knock on wood). I also really like the scene when Charlie first meets Sasha, that scene shown a different part of Charlie we didn't see in the first movie.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Funny scene would probably be the car chase.

Follow me on Disqus! Beautiful signature made by Nakou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:13 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

"I will always be with you" as well. Expecially when they walk side by side on the bridge and at the beginning of the song, when Charlie turns his head and Sasha comes close to him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:36 pm 

"I will Always be with you" (Popular eh?)
When Charlie runs into that pole on accident (The look on his face afterwords and the fact that he just did it made me laugh.)
"It's so good to be bad" (Talk about contradicting name, sorta.)
"It's to heavenly here"
and
"Farewell" (Another popular one.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:16 pm 

Ansem555 wrote:

True about the contradicting name, but to tell you the truth that song I just can't stand, fastforward through that song every time. Can't stand it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:48 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Charlie B. Barkin wrote:
Ansem555 wrote:

True about the contradicting name, but to tell you the truth that song I just can't stand, fastforward through that song every time. Can't stand it.

Don't like it? Kinda funny actally to me...

I liked the first scene where Sasha appeared,it was so funny, she had the dogs practically had the other male dogs eating out of her hand.

Follow me on Disqus! Beautiful signature made by Nakou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:34 pm 
Young pup

I know this topic's old but I guess my favorite moment in Adgth 2 is where Charlie convinces David to go home because during that conversation Charlie reveals he ran away and never returned back to his parents so we learned a bit about him also I liked how Charlie was starting to get attached to David like he did Anne-Marie and whenever it showed Red in Cat Form cuz I love Red he is my fav Adgth villain and I hoped he could have returned in the series since he wasn't really dead and Carface and Killer came back so why not he?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:55 pm 

When Charlie used Gabriel's magic horn freeing the canine angels from Alcatraz Prison and they rose back into the light retuning to the kingdom again, then the entire island itself rose back out of the depths of the Bay area in the end. When Red was sucked back down to Underworld probably by his own boss, you-know-who of course...he got revenge on Carface by pulling him down into Underworld too and who knows how he escaped the wrath of the devil cat or the dark master himself?!!

Then when Annabelle rewarded Charlie by allowing him to remain on Earth because of his heroic deed in saving innocent lives of course, that too was the grand finale of the sequel.