Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Animation Source HARPG!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:19 am 
Living here
Living here

On DeviantART(.com), there is a group dedicated to bringing horse lovers together to interact, as well as have fun. This group is called HorseArt-RPG. However, many Animation Source (AS) members are too young for DeviantART, or the website is blocked on their computers. Or they're simply not interested in the website.

The goal isn't to collect a slew of "amazing" equestrian artists; it's to bring artists of all skill levels together to learn and have fun while they're at it! In the game you can correspond with other players to "breed" your horses and make adorable little foals, as well as compete against each other in shows and competitions.

The game is rated G; there will be no explicit content! The highest rating will be PG (Parental Guidance encouraged)/PG-13 for minor swearing.

Post subject: Re: Animation Source HARPG!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:45 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

This sounds like a great idea, I've always planned on join HARPG on deviantart but it looks really complicated on there,I may join in if I find enough time in the day to draw the pictures

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:33 pm 
Living here
Living here

skylarks-song wrote:
This sounds like a great idea, I've always planned on join HARPG on deviantart but it looks really complicated on there,I may join in if I find enough time in the day to draw the pictures

It's perfectly fine! The game is set to you, save for competitions and shows (where they have a date set), so you can take all the time you need. There's no rush! (: You can toss together some basic references of your horses and jump right into role playing with other players, or just use your stable to create adorable foals.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:06 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I have a stallion I've designed a while ago but don't have a full reference for it yet, think I'll join up lol, give me something to do.
Is it okay if I only have 2 or 3 members of staff, it's a small business, just starting and few few more staff come along later on? If not I'll rack my mind to think of some

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:45 pm 
Living here
Living here

The more horses you have, the more staff you'll need to help. It's my suggestion that you have at least the following:

- Owner(s) of the institute.
- Veterinarian(s)
- Farrier(s) -- to take care of the horses' feet and horseshoes.
- Trainer(s) -- to make sure the horses are able to be ridden, and to work with basic foal training.

For all I care, the rest of the workers can be riding instructors, show riders, pleasure riders, volunteers, grooms, or anything!