Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Aleu's Destination
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:02 pm 

Hello! I'm new to AnimationSource, and to the rules, so if this topic is in the wrong or whatnot, let me know. :) And I don't guess there is really any spoilers to mention here, since I'm not exactly telling what's happening with the movie plot or anything?

Anyway, so I wanted to kind of talk about where Aleu could have gone, and I mainly wanted to share my opinion on the subject to kind of compare and contrast. So you can see here (http://dragonwithashotgun.deviantart.co ... -621028548) that I've already looked into some ideas, but this was around a year ago when I made that journal, so it may be out of date considering theories people are still coming out with. It was just a few I'd seen at that time.

After that journal, I came up with my own little theory of where Aleu and the wolf clan could have ended up after the journey, since, you know, it was never confirmed on where they actually went. Perhaps they died due to that little piece of ice melting. Maybe the ocean currents caused them to round back to the same place they had left from. I mean, it's science, if my memory serves me right. I could be wrong, though.

I'm rambling, so here's my theory: (http://dragonwithashotgun.deviantart.co ... -621192810)

In my theory, I explain that they did cross a large body of water, but it wasn't the actual ocean, and rather a cranny between the landmass that water currents continually enter. I don't believe ice bridges really form there, though it's been a while since I really took a look. But I feel like that it a more... reasonable distance to reach a land of plentiful prey and not have to cross even more islands to reach it. I feel like the wolves crossing the sea is kind of unrealistic, but I'm not trying to down anyone else that may believe that theory. I mean, if that piece of ice was thick enough, they probably could have reached the Diomede Islands. I guess my reasoning for that theory being unrealistic is this:

These bunch of wolves are on this tiny piece of ice. Ice melts due to heat. Body heat comes from the wolves, who are standing on the ice. There's only so much time they could remain on the surface, and to dramatically increase the time to theorize that they had crossed the ocean... I'm not going to try to explain that any more. Not to mention the fact that, hey, wolves need to eat. A lot. They don't exactly make it a habit to dive underwater and hunt for fish. And I don't think any wolf is capable of fishing in such a way. The wolves would starve since it would take many, many days to get across such a large body of water. And to add to that possibility, remember that these wolves in the movie were already starving. The caribou had left a period of time before Aleu and Balto arrived, and to add their already present hunger to the fact that they would go without food for many more days? I think you see my point.

And also, how do we know that there will be another ice bridge once they pass those islands? The clan wouldn't be in a very helpful situation if they ended up on those tiny islands with no food.

Like I said, I'm not trying to down anybody about any theories. I just wanted to express mine, and I would like to see y'all's opinions. :)

Post subject: Re: Aleu's Destination
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:26 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

There was actually a topic on this a few years back: what-do-you-believe-happened-t36396.html

Advertisement