=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Aberration *Advanced*
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:21 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Introduction

Alrighty, I've been in the mood for a good roleplay; something with action, suspense, and adventure. Unfortunately, this thread isn't nearly as active as I remember it, so I just decided to go ahead and create my own. Very generic, stereotypical idea (or at least one that I've probably used before), but something that could be a lot of fun as well.

Plot

Scientists have been working on genetic experiments for years; that isn't really a secret. But when a group of scientists start an illegal laboratory in order to branch out to human experiments, it becomes much more sinister. In order to conceal their activities, they disguise their labs as a mental institution, an insane asylum.

They kidnap children and teenagers off the street, kids with no place to go to and no one to miss them, and begin experimentation on them. The experiments range from gaining a few animal traits to superhuman ones, and these kids have no chance of escape. Even if they did, who would believe them? They're supposed to be insane.

But they can't stay locked up forever. Eventually, they'll want to break free.

Characters

Piper Williams (Windancer)
Timothy Williams (Windancer)
Mason Cooper (The Solo Hero)
Keila Adams (Anaquine)
Daniel Adams (Anaquine)

Biography Outline

Code: Select all
Name:
Physical Description:
Background:
Personality:
Mutation:

My Character(s)

Name: Piper Williams
Physical Description: She has short, choppy hair down to her chin that looks like she cut it herself with kitchen scissors (which she probably did). It's dark brown, but not to the point of looking black, and it's a stark contrast against her fairly pale skin and freckles. Her eyes are a clear gray color that can easily turn stormy. She stands around 5'4", and is very skinny.
Background: Her parents died when she was ten, and Piper and her brother Timothy were passed off to their only living relative, an aunt who didn't have a lot of money and didn't really care much about them at all. In fact, child care workers eventually came and took them away a year later due to neglect. They were then bounced from foster home to foster home after a brief stay in the orphanage, and while the families were generally nice enough, the last one wasn't. They were obviously doing it for the money and sympathy, and Piper actually saw them abuse one of the other kids at one point. Only fourteen, almost fifteen, at this point, she tried to protect her brother as much as possible, but made the decision to run away a few months later instead of risking abuse and the future of being bounced between yet more homes. They lived off of a local soup kitchen for a week or two before they were kidnapped by the scientists.
Personality: Though she's short and there's something about her features that makes her look younger than she really is, she actually acts far too mature for her age, and has been acting that way for four years. She's incredibly stubborn and very independent, not letting people in much. Those who manage to worm their way past her defenses, however, are people she becomes fiercely loyal to and will protect until her last breath. She doesn't like to admit weakness of any kind, and is able to hide behind a blank face scarily well. She does have breaking points though, and they are all the more passionate because of the way she keeps things bottled up. While surprisingly gentle to her brother and anyone truly in need of comfort, she otherwise tends to come across as a bit prickly and unapproachable because of her unwillingness to become attached to new people.
Mutation: Apparently combined with some sort of cat DNA, her ears have pointed tips and she has a tail. Her eyes are also more sensitive to light because of this, and the skin on her hands and feet are a little tougher than normal, a bit like the pads of a cat's paw.

Name: Timothy Williams
Physical Description: While he shares Piper's big gray eyes, his hair is lighter and finer, though it tends to be messy and stick up in random places. His face still has a little bit of that baby fat to it, but he's still pretty skinny. He stands at around 4'2", with just the barest hint of freckles across the bridge of his nose.
Background: Since his parents died when he was four, Piper is really the only permanent family he's ever had. Because of this, Tim is incredibly dependent on her, and relies on her for comfort in new, frightening situations. He adapted to moving from foster home to foster home pretty easily though, but he didn't hesitate before running away with Piper. They were kidnapped shortly afterwards.
Personality: Tim is normally a pretty bright, easy-going kid. He's friendly and once you show an interest in him, he'll babble about whatever comes to his head to you for hours if you'll let him. He is, however, a kid, and is prone to moments of fear and sadness. He lets it show, and usually runs to Piper for comfort. He'll try to be brave for her, of course, but he isn't perfect. Because Piper is his one constant, he seriously adores her, and will stick to her side most of the time.
Mutation: He can change the way light reflects around his body and he can sort of camouflage himself with it.

Rules

-Follow common RP courtesy, really; no controlling other people's characters, don't be invincible, don't curse (even starred out, please), etc. Basic stuff, I suppose.

-No one-liners. I understand the roleplay may be a bit slow at times, but please try to manage at least a couple of sentences. A paragraph or two is best, however.

-Have fun!

Last edited by Windancer on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Aberration
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:21 am 

Location: Wandering the wilderness of Skyrim, be back when out of Skooma
Could I bump this thread lol xD
I'd be all for joining this if so :3

Sig & Avie (c) Me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:58 pm 

By all means. ^^ I'd really prefer for this not to die before it even gets started.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:21 pm 

((Haha, fair enough!))

Name: Mason Cooper
Physical Description: Mason Body/Mason upclose
Background: Born to an incredibly wealthy man and a pleasent, caring housewife. Mason was cared for primarily by his mother. His father was typically working, always working, making money to keep their lives luxourious and happy. However, his content life was shattered when his mother fell ill and passed away days before his sixteenth birthday. He was practically alone, with a father who barely knew he had a son, and no other family: there was no one to notice that the teen was gone. A boy without love, was kidnapped, and no one noticed..
Personality: Mason keeps to himself. Especially since he's been living in this hell the scientists have created for him. He typically sits quietly in his cell, in his shackels as he quietly plots ways to escape. However, he's fairly brave, and selfless my nature. Belonging to a selfish father and an angel of a mother madebhim that way. However, he won't really risk his well being for strangers, he needs to take carebof himself... as always... if you earn his trust, or he sees when someone truely needs help or is in pain, he will risk everything to help them get a better chance than he..
Mutation: Mason has been mutated to a superhuman extent. He appears to be a normal boy, but his brown eyes have been turned a strange neon blue. Experiments have caused him to practically become, a human generator. His body produces electricity, and he can shoot it from his fingertips, while also controling electricity around him. Due to this, the scientists have him constantly chained to the wall in his cell, wearing special shakeles that cover his hands and are lined with rubber so he can't use his abilities. Mason's power is strong, but using it weakens him, and sometimes its hard to control, so he poses a threat to those around him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:11 pm 

Accepted! ^^ I'd normally wait for a few more people before starting, but I'm only going to wait for one this time since it's a bit more inactive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:39 pm 
Living here
Living here

Hello!I'll be glad to join in on this one :)!Maybe I'll be posting my bio by Saturday.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:38 pm 
Living here
Living here

Oooh! This sounds so good, Windy! :mrgreen:

Name: Keila Adams
Physical Description: Keila is rather tall and skinny for her age, standing about 5 ft. Her lightly tanned olive complexion and large, widely spaced chocolate brown eyes suggest some Mediterranean ancestry, and her thick, unruly shoulder-length mass of brown hair make her eyes seem even larger. Her nose has "yet to be grown into", and her nostrils tend to flare when excited...which happens to be quite often.
Background: Keila and her older brother, Daniel, were raised by strict but loving parents with high expectations. At an early age they began instilling in her a high sense of morals and ethics--especially values like honesty, respect, and loyalty. The Adams wanted the best for their children and would only tolerate the best behavior and effort from them. Unfortunately, Keila couldn't always understand this and sometimes resented them; especially when she often found herself at odds with her peers and the faculty at her school, only to come home to her parents trying to discipline her in an effort to help her conform to healthy social norms. One day after a particularly harrowing school day of bullying that resulted in yet another principle's call to her parents, Keila and her parents got into an explosive argument later that same evening--resulting in Keila running out of the house and her parents and brother searching for her by car. After they found her and everyone's tempers had cooled, they began their drive home. On their way home, their car was forced off the interstate by a drunk semi driver, causing their vehicle to propel front first into a tree at high speeds. Keila's and Daniel's parents died before ever reaching the hospital from their injuries. Days later, with no identification found on the children or next of kin on record, both Keila and Daniel vanished as well.
Personality: Keila's precocious and inquisitive nature often lands her in trouble, as she is prone to peppering others with questions or candidly saying the first thing that comes to mind and becoming something of an annoyance at best. Because of these tendencies and her upbringing, Keila has made a habit of acting kindly to everyone in attempt to make up for being a "pest". Her sensitivity and fiery temper causes her to become easily attached and fiercely loyal to others, especially her older brother. However, recent events have caused Keila to begin withdrawing into herself as her trust is continuously broken, as well as develop a barbed tongue when she is obligated to speak.
Mutation: Keila has been imbued with sea star DNA, causing her cellular regeneration heal factor rate to drastically increase. As secondary effects her skin has gained "suction abilities", especially on the pads of her hands and feet, allowing her to cling to and climb most relatively smooth solid surfaces. Her strength and endurance have also greatly increased for her age to near superhuman levels. However, as side effects her metabolism has greatly increased, causing her to need to consume a staggering amount of calories to maintain a healthy blood sugar, as well as becoming dehydrated easily. An additional unpleasant side effect is that patches of her skin have begun changing into a rough and scaly patchwork of colors--orange and blue being the most common, with smaller areas of green, pink, and purple forming as well--usually forming at and around her joints.

Name: Daniel Adams
Physical Description: Daniel has a tall and lean build, standing just over 6 ft. He shares his sister's strong facial features and olive complexion, though his skin is significantly paler as it lacks his sister's sun tan, and his short dark brown hair tends to hold tighter waves than Keila's does. His deeply set hazel grey eyes often have a slightly amused or devious sheen to them, as if he knows something others do not.
Background: Daniel, like his younger sister Keila, was raised by his parents to maintain their high expectations. Unlike his often outspoken sister, his generally quiet and laid back demeanor allowed for him to avoid conflict with his classmates and teachers. However, to keep himself from gaining unwanted attention at school he would only spend just enough effort or energy to keep himself from falling below average or failing, much to his parents' chagrin. As such, he often found himself quietly listening to his sister vent her frustrations and comforting her when the siblings were alone. After the accident, he resolved to protect and shield his sister as much as he could, feeling guilt for not being more present before and wondering that if he had if he could have prevented the events leading up to the accident.
Personality: Daniel is initially more quiet and reserved than his sister, often projecting a gentle and peaceful demeanor. He usually prefers and is content with silently observing his surroundings, mentally filing away details that he feels might prove useful later. Very little seems to rial him, but those who know him best know better than to hurt those closest to him, especially his sister. However, as time progresses his gentle demeanor gradually gives way to a more calculating nature carefully hidden behind a facade of his old serenity.
Mutation: Daniel can control the temperature around him, to the extent of forcibly changing the physical states of matter around him. This can range from flooding a room with liquid, melting or evaporating solid objects, overheating or freezing equipment, and overall changing the density and composition of matter. As a side effect, use of his powers leads to manic levels of high or low blood pressure: leading to increased heart rate, nosebleeds, headaches or chest pain, fatigue, or dizzy spells. In extreme cases: cardiac arrest, blackouts, or coma.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:50 am 

Accepted! ^^ We'll start soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:52 am 
Living here
Living here

Huzzah! xD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:15 pm 

Pain lanced through the crook of her elbow, but at this point it was so routine it barely even registered. Piper was sure the ugly bruise there was only darkening and growing, but said nothing; after what had to have been around two months in this place - though it felt more like a year - she had learned that was smarter. If she talked or fought back, the experiments ran longer and tended to involve far more pain. If she continued to rebel, she wouldn't get to see Tim either.

Piper sat still as the IV was finally removed from her arm, the chilled, antiseptic-tainted air sending goosebumps up her arms. She repressed the urge to shiver, knowing that would only make her already aching muscles tense. They had done endurance experiments today, combined with blood samples and some sort of scan involving electrodes. It wasn't as bad as it could've been, all things considered, but she was exhausted. This really, really sucked.

Massive understatement, Piper thought wryly to herself, the tip of her tail twitching. She tried not to stare at it too much; even though she'd had it for weeks, the fact that she had a completely new limb still was strange to think about. She tried not to think about it, actually.

The scientist next to her marked something on a clipboard and nodded to his colleague. "Alright, I think we're done here today. 1409 can be taken back now," he instructed, without even a flicker of emotion.

Piper tried to ignore the revulsion curdling in her gut. She wasn't a series of numbers, some nameless experiment! Despite what they seemed to think and the obvious changes they had forced upon her, she was still human. Being treated like nothing more than an expensive piece of lab equipment was something she never really got used to, even though it happened constantly now. A shudder coursed down her spine as a latex-gloved hand gripped her upper arm and guided her back to the small conjoined room.

The area was gray and drab, with no windows or anything of color (unless the buzzing fluorescent lights overhead counted). There were doors connected to it, each leading to their own respective room. Piper supposed cell was the more accurate term, considering the heavy metal locks that were bolted into place throughout the night.

Piper breathed a miniscule sigh of relief when the scientist released her, leaving her alone. It didn't look like any of the others were done yet, which was strange; normally, at least Tim would be here first. Her heart ached as she thought of her wide-eyed little brother, with still just enough innocence to make the whole thing all the more heart-breaking. He didn't deserve to be kidnapped off the street, to be degraded as a mere object or interesting specimen. He definitely didn't deserve whatever undoubtedly painful process he was being subjected to right now.

Anger boiled hot and fervent in her veins, demanding that she take action and make it stop. She didn't stand a chance on her own though. She needed to talk with the others, make a plan...it had been two months. Surely that was long enough to suffer. Piper's eyes narrowed, determination flashing in their suddenly stormy gray depths. There were cameras everywhere, but surely they could get around that somehow.

She waited for everyone else to arrive, brain sparking out ideas and theories in the meantime, her heart racing and veins thrumming with adrenaline just at the thought of tantalizing freedom.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:57 pm 
Living here
Living here

"I'm hungry," Keila declared. As if punctuating her point, her stomach rumbled as if on cue. "Can I go back now?"

The scientist in question pinched the tip of his nose, seemingly deep in thought about...something as he bent closer to the mounds of papers, funny-looking "TV" screens (though she doubted they were actually watching anything interesting), chords and wires, and other, less identifiable science-y gizmos heaped onto his table...or desk. Keila wasn't sure which; it acted like a desk, but whoever heard of wanting a metal desk?

"I saaaiiid, I'm hungry!" Keila repeated forcefully with flared nostrils, not liking being ignored. The funny "doctors" in lab coats continued to blithely scurry to and fro, much like she imagined a colony of mice might. 'Except I'm the mouse,' she thought glumly. It felt almost like they forgot she was still in the same room, despite all the sticky wire-things poking out from under her shirt and all the beeping monitors they connected to.

It felt like she'd been in here for hours! And she'd been instructed to push up against some sort of platform for almost as long. Strangely, her arms only started to ache moments ago (though she could insist that the platform...bar...thing started getting heavier awhile ago), and so her hunger became her timepiece. Her stomach grumbled again, this time causing her to groan and fight the urge to retch as her arms reflexively moved to cradle her belly. The consequence rush of air startled a squeak out of her, serving as her only warning to hurriedly raise her arms again to halt the heavy mechanism's plunging decent.

Her squeak quickly morphed into a shriek of fear and pain, followed by a sickening thunk and dull snap amidst the low boom as the hydraulic lift came to rest atop the child. A lab coated grunt quickly mashed a button, engaging the contraption's breaks before it could squish the subject underneath its weight.

_<^>_
"Get subject 3656 out from under there," barked the team head. Slowly the platform lifted as a grunt pressed another series of buttons. Two others with a stretcher rushed over to collect the girl, eager to avoid their supervisors' wrath. Strapping her to a table and injecting sedatives as Keila's form began to stir, the team set about realigning and splinting joints and bones where necessary.

"Amazing, considering the subject's a prepubescent," murmured one grunt. "Nearly four hours, and up to thirty-eight pounds."

"Yeah, 'amazin''. Too bad 3656's blood sugar levels dropped when they did," muttered another sarcastically. "Now 3656's damage is gonna set us back, and have management taking our hides. Literally."

"Perhaps not," interjected the head with a withering glare directed at the two that spoke. "Unfortunate, yes, but this gives us a perfect opportunity for additional testing. Potential clients will want to know."

_<^>_
"Take 3645 back," barked a "lab coat", as his sister seemed fond of calling them. Certainly seemed to fit, Daniel mused as his wheelchair rolled down a hall. Keila's innocence quickly caused her to stop addressing them as "doctors", but prevented her from finding a more "suitable" name. Daniel quietly agreed; these crooks didn't deserved to be called "scientists", either.

He released a suppressed sigh after his "escort" drove him into the conjoined room and locked the door behind her as she left. He nodded in acknowledgement to...Piper, he believed the girl introduced herself as, since his arm cast prevented him from offering a proper wave. Not being much of a conversationalist, he opted to just sit quietly until either Piper or someone else entering decided to break the silence.

It had been nearly a month and a half since those crooks spirited away him and Keila to this place, and making it a total of nearly two months since the accident. He barely remembered their brief stay at the hospital, though if he and his sister had been as injured as they were sitting in the back seats, then... He quickly ducked his head at the sudden, annoying tears that threatened to prick his eyes. He wouldn't cry in front of Piper and the others, set alone give those crooks the satisfaction of seeing him vulnerable.

And Keila! Keila still assumed that their parents were alive somehow and searching for them. Daniel didn't have the heart to trample on the last shred of hope his sister had left. It sickened him what they did to her, what they were doing to all of them. After only two weeks her injuries from the car accident were completely healed. But then her skin began changing. He didn't even have to glance at Piper's tail to know that they weren't mutating just his sister's DNA. He tried not to think about just what the "subject numbers" meant, and how few individuals he saw around the laboratory and fewer still return.

Smoke flavored with the stench of burning rubber made him sputter and choke. He glance around, looking for the source, then groaned; he had somehow managed to partially melt yet another wheelchair. Brilliant.

He quickly dabbed his nose against his good hand to staunch the light bleeding, then concentrated, blinking repeatedly against the resulting black blobs in his vision. Moments later ice formed around the melted chair wheels and armrests and from the now-dissipating smoke as tiny scraps of plastic and rubber shavings collected on the floor...though it did little to remedy the smell. Daniel sheepishly offered a slight apologetic smile. It was getting harder to hide the extent of his powers developing as a result of the experiments --especially as they continued to grow stronger-- and therefore nearly next to impossible to develop and learn control without the crooks knowing.

Daniel's brooding jolted to a stop as a pair of double doors banged open followed by the distinct squeak of wheels. He blanched and could swear his heart leaped into his windpipe at the sight of Keila propped up on a hospital bed and hooked to an IV drip came carted through. Brighter colorization on her patchwork. Once again the doors slammed shut and their locks audibly clicked into place as soon as their "jailors" left the vicinity, leaving the "subjects" with only each others company. Relief flooded him when he realized his sister was awake.

"Hey, Special Kay," he teased lightly. "How ya feelin'?"

Keila slowly turned turned her head to face him, spunk and sass playing at her features in a slightly lopsided grin. "Danny! 'Mmm feel'n fine," she slurred. "'Mmm itchy, though. An' hurt awf'll."

Daniel's relief faltered. Tranquilizers. She couldn't be considered quite lucid after whatever "experiments for Science" those crooks conducted, yet apparently they only found it necessary to make the drugs strong enough to "protect" themselves, not her against the injuries they inflicted! Sure enough, her eyes brightened feverishly from pain with every passing moment.

He quickly slowed his breathing, forcing his body to relax to prevent melting something else and frightening his sister further.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:08 pm 

Tim squeezed his eyes shut, trying to blink back the tears that welled up in the gray orbs. He really, really didn't want to cry; he had the feeling that probably wouldn't make the scientists very happy. But it hurt, his entire body one big throbbing bruise and fiery agony lacing his veins. An electric shock stung his arm, making the entire limb tingle and burn. He couldn't hold back a yelp or the pleading whimper that followed.

They had been doing this for what felt like an eternity already. He had new stitches in three different places, an empty stomach, more bruises than he cared to count, numerous tiny pricks from needles, a pounding headache, dizzying nausea, and at least five burns from the taser-like object that had been pressed yet again into the sensitive skin on the inside of his forearm.

It hadn't been too bad at first, but whatever they had injected into his arm at the beginning made all of his senses hypersensitive, almost, his nerves shrieking a warning cry of pain at a simple firm touch. It didn't help that they made him feel sick too, an awful feeling that probably would've made the nine-year-old throw up if there had been anything in his stomach.

When they shoved another needle in to take a blood sample, Timothy just couldn't do it anymore. Tears spilled over, a small jagged sob breaking its way out of his mouth. He was trying so hard to be strong, to be like Piper - he had gotten so much better ever since coming here. But this was nothing like he had ever been through before, not really, and he just couldn't help it. He wanted to hide, to disappear so they could never find him, and his newfound mutation kicked in in response. Light flickered and wavered around his trembling form, disguising him until it seemed like he had simply disappeared.

Voices swirled in and out of his ears, Timothy too pain-dazed and distraught to really focus. Phrases stuck out though, the occasional snatch of conversation comprehensible.

"Hmmm..." a scientist hummed with vague, detached interest. "4608 managed 18 minutes and 7 seconds before displaying larger signs of distress. There's room for improvement, of course, but its pain management is decent for its age."

"We can work on it more," another scientists added, and Timothy wanted to wail when he realized that meant more of this.

"We can end it here today," the first scientist agreed. "Don't give it any painkillers, but go ahead and take it to the other subjects."

Timothy blinked open teary gray eyes that he hadn't even realized he had closed as arms deposited him in a wheelchair, his makeshift camouflage becoming nonexistent in the face of pain-addled exhaustion. The touch didn't hurt as much, meaning the drug was wearing off, but it still didn't feel nice.

He wanted Piper.

That one thought swam above the rest, creating a wistful, aching desire deep in his chest. Piper always knew what to do; she was the strongest person Timothy knew, and the only person he wanted right now.

Thankfully, this childish need was filled as he was wheeled into the gray room, then dumped unceremoniously on the cold floor. He let out a sharp cry at the hard impact, but the scientist was already gone, wheelchair in tow. Timothy didn't even register anything else, his tear-filled gray eyes finding only one person and locking onto the sight eagerly. "Piper," he whimpered, abandoning all hopes of being strong right then.

He didn't even care about the aching pain that shot through him when Piper cradled him close, her arms warm and safe. Timothy simply buried his face in her shoulder, jagged sobs shaking his thin frame.

~~~~

Piper returned Daniel's nod, anticipation making her feel anxious to speak; she held back, only because it would probably be best to wait for the others. They should be finishing up soon...

She ignored the sudden smell of burning rubber that filled the air, though she couldn't stop her ears from twitching in response as her nose crinkled slightly. Piper did turn around and look when the doors slid open and Keila was wheeled in though and she cringed sympathetically; the poor girl was obviously drugged and injured, the hospital bed and IV stand confirming those suspicions. She averted her gaze to allow Daniel and Keila as much privacy as possible though; she knew she would want the same.

Malaise filled her when she thought of Timothy. Her little brother still hadn't showed up and while that may not indicate anything worse than normal (though nothing was really normal anymore, not really) she couldn't help but worry. She tried to bite back the growing concern, relief shooting through her when she heard the door open again several moments later. Timothy was wheeled through the door then roughly dumped out of the wheelchair and on to the floor.

Piper sucked in a startled, furious breath at the sight of her little brother. He was painfully pale, tear tracks clear on his face and burns, stitches, and bruises all very visible against the ashen pallor of his skin. Her heart shattered deep within her when he said her name, those two whimpering syllables limned with pain and pleading desperation.

She responded immediately, galvanized into action by his haunted gaze. Piper gathered him up in her arms, trying to be as gentle as possible while hugging him close, carding her fingers tenderly through his sweat-slicked light brown hair. She ignored the wet spot forming on her shoulder from where his tears soaked through, softly hushing him.

"Sorry," Timothy sniffled quietly, the word barely audible.

"Shh," Piper soothed immediately, rocking him back and forth. This was so much worse than anything they had done to either of them so far, and she would rather die than have them do anything like it to her baby brother ever again. "You don't have anything to be sorry for," she assured. "It's okay now, Timmy." It wasn't really, but she was determined to make it so.

The burning fire inside of her that demanded escape, that was eager to fight for freedom, blazed all the brighter in a righteous fury. They were getting out before this happened again, even if she had to leave the others behind. She would find a way. Hopefully they would join her though; it would make things so much easier for sure.

For now, Piper held Timothy close but she was already bracing herself for what the future held.

OoC:// I want to wait for the Solo Hero to post before we continue, if that's alright. I think it'd flow best that way.

Post subject: Re: Aberration *Advanced*
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:00 pm 

Ooc:// Sorry for late reply, I got a little busy ^^'

"Walk straight 4713!" a voice sounded from the quiet of the gray, dreary halls. The voice was accompanied by a few grunts and snorts of frustration.

Finally, three figures rounded the corner, into the corridor of cells. The inmates' whispers, whimpers, false assurances of safety where hushed as a scientist came loping along, with him was a Watchdog, a name some inmates had given to brutish weapon wielding guards the scientist paid for help. In between the two was an experiment.
Luckier than some of the others, he appeared to be nothing more than your typical teenage boy. Wearing a white tee shirt, some dark jeans, given to him by the scientist.
His hands however, where contained in a cylinder shaped metal cuff. lined with rubber on the insides that held his hands.
He was well know by his fellow inmates, yet he wasn't know at all.
He didn't speak to the others, he would just pace as far as the chain he was sometimes attached to would stretch in his cell.
Yet all the inmates knew he was.. alone. Unlike most, who where being held with a relative, brother, sister, even an unlucky friend, he had no one.

The boy smirked a little and let his knees buckle so he nearly dropped, but both the men snorted and hauled him back up.

"Hold him up, moron!" the doctor growled as the guard picked up the boy, both men held him so his feet didn't touch the ground.

From that position he began to kick and squirm, causing the men a struggle.

"Knock it off, little freak!" the guard growled as he hit the teen with a hard fist. He seemed unphased, already covered in forming bruises from his testing for the day. With his feet touching the ground, he smiled and pushed up against the doctor, just wanting a rise from them as the men struggled to hold him.
"That's it little monster!" the watchdog growled, drawing a tazer and sticking it to the youth's side.

"No wait-" the doctor tried to stop the man, but he'd already switched on the tazer.

The experiment's eyes started to glow, a nearly neon blue as he grinned wickedly. The guard gasped and the tazer exploded in his hand, giving him a shock of merciless voltage than sent him staggering back with a howl of pain.

The doctor growled and slammed the boy face first against the bars of the nearest cell, Tim and Piper's, he pinned him there as he glared at the guard who sat clutching his arm.

Blue eyes slowly blinked as he looked through the bars at the experiments inside. A girl, holding a little boy. He must have been a sight for them, his nose, slightly bleeding from being punched, bruises forming around his eyes and on his neck, his eyes still faintly glowing, all that held upsgainst their cell's view. He was about to ask, in a hushed voice if the boy was okay, out of politeness. Inmates attempted to take care of one another, or atleast worry for eachother.

He didn't get the chance to speak, the doctor said "We don't EVER taze this one.. he gets the iron..", before he pulled him away from the bars and began to drag him toward his cell.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 pm 

Piper's felinoid ears pressed flat against her head in startled surprise when someone was shoved against the barred door that separated this common area from the rest of the supposed 'asylum'. She caught a glimpse of vaguely familiar electric blue eyes and scruffy blonde hair before he was pulled away, just enough to be able to put a name to the face - Mason. She hadn't seen much of him; he had been kept somewhere else. She had seen enough of him to know his name though, and know that whatever ability he had had to be pretty impressive; why else would they always keep him cuffed?

Piper wished she knew everyone in this awful place. Maybe then she could come up with a way for all of them to escape. Inwardly, she knew that probably wasn't realistic - in fact, it was impossible. But she could at least try to get Mason out, right? He would probably be helpful too, if the scientists were that scared of him.

A shaky breath and a small sniffle into her shoulder brought her full attention back to Tim, who had only just finished crying. "Shhh, Tim, it's okay," she repeated softly. Her voice was barely audible when she continued. "I'm going to get you out of here."

After two months of swallowing down any outward signs of rebellion, she hardly dared to say the words out loud. Piper was done though, done with biting her tongue out of fear (mainly for Tim, but also for herself, though she didn't dare to admit that), done with being experimented on, done with being treated as nothing more than a fancy piece of lab equipment or a dumb animal. She was done with hurting, with her heart breaking as she watched Tim struggle to put up a brave face for her.

All that was left now was to come up with a plan.

"Timmy, sit here for a minute, okay?" Piper asked, her voice a mere whisper in his ear. He nodded, pulling back with a small sniffle, hastily wiping away lingering tears.

Piper stood up, the tip of her tail twitching with anxious energy as she padded over to Daniel and Keila. The blaze of righteous fury inside of her only burning brighter at the sight of the poor girl in the hospital bed, she focused her attention mainly on Daniel. "How easy would it be to move her quickly?" she asked in a hurried undertone.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:36 pm 
Living here
Living here

The sharp bang against the walls and door caused Keila to spring upright with a jolt and a muffled whine. Her frayed nerves pushed adrenaline through her veins, forcing the remaining sedatives out. However, the resulting shaking moments later jarred her splinted limbs, making the reoccurring awareness of the dull burning, tingling, ever-present itch as marrow and bone, muscle and ligament, and new patches of brightly hued, scaly skin stitched themselves back together at an unnaturally induced speed of regeneration. It was all she could do to not rock back and forth and tunelessly hum. Keila gritted her teeth against her pain and discomfort instead...only to produce a throbbing tension headache to compliment the already existing ones caused by hunger and dehydration.

Awkwardly Daniel began lightly rubbing circles onto her lower back over the thin and soiled fabric of her hospital gown, hoping to sooth and distract her and not cause further injury. He flushed slightly as Piper moved over to join them--though he had a distinct feeling that she wanted to discuss something mainly with him--and felt grateful for probably the first time of his wheelchair. The "white coats" never did provide him and his sister with clothing to replace the hospital garments after the accident; and he suspected the dingy, worn rags he noticed the other "subjects" wearing to be the same "street clothes" in which they arrived. And besides, awkward flappy hospital gowns might make things...awkward. Especially when standing or walking.

He carefully glanced at Piper with feigned casual indifference, similar to the same blank, disinterested mask of rigidity Daniel noticed she often wore.

"How easy would it be to move her quickly?" Piper asked in a hurried undertone.

"Depends," he replied in a low mutter. "A few hours, maybe a day. Two or three at most. Whatever they did, she heals faster than normal. Insanely so. Notice how she's normally walking while I'm still stuck in a wheelchair. Don't worry about us," he added in an even lower voice, "She'll be in no worse shape, and I'll be the same." At this, he stared pointedly at the burns, bruises, lacerations, and puncture wounds of varying depths held together by rough stitches that patchworked all of them.

He hoped Piper understood what he was trying to convey in doing so: "This will be average. Except they'll do more to Keila, not for 'endurance', but to see how fast she'll heal."

He hated how callous he probably looked and sounded. But reality stayed grimly unchanged regardless of whatever filter one used to view it. He never liked speaking more than a few words, and he felt that no more were necessary to express what he suspected were shared sentiments as older siblings, anyway.