Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: A New Era: Aviation
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:45 am 
Advanced
Advanced

A New Era: Aviation ||Status:Accepting||

I guess I'll pave the way for Talespin RPs, I've been dying to make one or join one :D I designed this story to be a little more accomodating since maybe not many people are that into or familiar with Talespin and so they can drop in as anyone they want to be.

Rough Time Frame: Midway through the series. No specific episode. Maybe put it at six months after Plunder and Lightning.

Background:
The highly anticipated Annual Usland Airshow and AirRaces(abbreviated AUAs/r) is fast approaching. This airshow is one of Usland's strongest tourist attractions. Pilots not only flock to the grandstands but even foreigners come for this gathering of aircraft afficionados and pilots alike. From the highest regions of Thembria to the farthest regions of Panda-la, the good natured citizens of Panda-la. The Panda-la's now have a bad reputation because of an invasion attempt. Multitudes of characters gather to enjoy the spectacle and thousands of nationalities visit. The AUAs/r will be held at the Airfield of Khan Industries: a rough two hour drive northwards from Cape Suzette in the northern part of the Cape. The event is in two days.

The local people of Cape Suzette are getting hyped up for this event. In Hire for Higher things are starting to build up. The owner of the business Rebecca Cunningham is planning to enter Baloo and his beloved Sea Duck into both the air show and the air races to get some publicity for Hire for Higher. Naturally Baloo is all hyped up raring to show off his skills at flying. Kit Cloudkicker is eager to go and watch albeit having to finish his homework in English prior to the event day itself. Wildcat is prepping the Sea Duck while Molly will be brought along. Those are the plans of the group for that day.

However they're not the only ones with plans. The fearsome Don Karnage is waiting for that splendid day when he can come in a disguise along with his fellow pirates and they plan on maybe stealing a plane or two from the airshow since various makes and models will appear.

Will the Airshow go without a hitch or will there be a bigger problem that will hatch?

Alright, now here are some reminders and notes:
1) For canon chars try to keep it as close to their original personalities as possible. Click here for help on their characteristics. This link comes from the Fanfic section of talespin, thanks to Steet for finding it :D.
2) OCs can be anyone from anywhere. Lot's of liberty here. Make up your own country/location. Although please try to keep it in the spirit of things and don't put in a real country. All the places in Talespin are fictional, some are named after food (albeit a play on their names like Cape Suzette (Crepe Suzette), others are variations of another word or based on other words (Panda-la), or if you want to: modified names of real countries. You can have at least up to two OCs if you wish.
3) The aircraft, assuming you are a pilot, can be real or fictional. Keep in mind the timeframe is 1930s-1940s so have aircraft that are similar from those times.
4) Follow the standard roleplay guidelines
5) Have fun!

P.S. If you want your OC's to have a particular story arc or one that might be big enough to affect the overall rp then send me a PM then we'll coordinate.

----------------------

Important canon characters to be filled in(These characters will have specific roles and I will pm the roles whoever rps as them in order to keep suspense):
Baloo - open
Rebecca Cunningham - open
Kit Cloukicker - La Koda
Molly - open
Don Karnage - open

Other Canon Characters:

Ace London - La Koda

OCs: All OCs will be listed here.
Michael "Stinger" Ross - Eclipse

-----------------

--\\Character Form//--
--/[OriginalCharacter]/--
Name:
Species:
Nationality:
Physical Description:
Personality:
History:

Others:
Plane (when applicable):
--//--||--\\--

--\\Character Form//--
--/[CanonCharacter]/--
Name:
Species:
--//--||--\\--

--------

--\\Character Form//--
--/OC/--
Name: Michael "Stinger" Ross
Species: Cat [Asian Leopard Cat]
Nationality: Usland
Physical Description: Michael stands at 5'10" having a relatively muscular physique. His pelt is a yellow-ish hue with the occasional spotted marking along his forehead and cheeks a trait from the Asian Leopard Cat ancestry. His eyes are a dark brown color and his hair's bangs falls down his forehead and are quite messy too since he frequently wears a helmet.
Personality: This tom is a friendly cat however most of the time keeps to himself. The moment he steps into his aircraft however his timidness turns into a more aggressive demeanour and will never give up without a fight. He however values the rules of engagement and likes order. The downside to his cheerful personality is that he tends to get a bit over reactive and in certain dire situations his ego is open to attack and is deeply affected by such.
History: He was a pilot in Khan's regular military under the Usland's Air force. However ever since Khan set up a new aeronautical company he has signed up to be the test pilots of their productions. In the past he has had a spotless record and has a kill under his belt during past sorties. He doesn't like to brag about it but he is also relatively good in aerial manoeuvres. His exploits are mainly in the F4U Corsair but has been experimenting in the P-38.

Others: He has a family back home: a wife and a young ten year old son. He will go to the ends of the earth to provide for them including his life.
Plane (when applicable): His real designated aircraft is the F4U Corsair. However he is in charge of testing an experimental fighter aircraft called the yP-38. Still undergoing its developmental stages but it is not yet been cleared for 'casual' flying. He has become attached to the P-38 that he in fact has called it his 'Angel.' [Based off the real: F4U Corsair and P-38 Lightning]
--//--||--\\--

RP will start when all important characters are filled in.

Last edited by Eclipse on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A New Era: Aviation
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:29 pm 
Young pup

AWE-some! You my friend are amazing for helping keep the spirit and heart of this beloved show alive! In that case, I would love to join abd help rally up people to play! I would love to request Kit Cloudkicker, as well as throw in Baloo's old flying competitor, Ace London, the wolf! If you don't know him or the episode, I'll try to find u a link to it to check him out!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:54 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Sure thanks for helping rally up other players ^^ Sure go ahead and fill up the form regardless if it's Canon or OC. And Yes, I know who Ace London is ^^ Feel free to fill up a form as well. Just for the sake of organization. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:04 pm 
Young pup

Okay! Here ya go!

--\\Character Form//--
--/[CanonCharacter]/--
Name: Kit Cloudkicker
Species: Bear

--\\Character Form//--
--/[CanonCharacter]/--
Name: Ace London
Age: (I'm going to guess late 20's/early 30's, same age as Baloo)
Species: Wolf

I'll do a bit more research on the two of them before we actually try to start! haha

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:52 am 
Advanced
Advanced

It was around 12ish. Just put 12-13 for now. :D I imagine this within the timeline of the series so it shouldn't be that far off in terms of age.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:14 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Why did you decided that most geographical names in TaleSpin are based on food? I didn't find such.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:06 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Now that I think about it you're right. It was only cape suzette that sounded like food.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:27 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Awsome. I've wanted to join something like this for a while. I'd like to make a non-cannon char

--\\Charactor form//--
--/non-cannon/--
Name: Tim "Mater" Wulffe
Spieces: Grey Wolf
Nationality: Usland
Physical Discription: 6' 4", even grey colored fur, medium build, and always has a freindly smile. Eyes are a deep blue, his hair is black and roughlyshoulder length in the back (Similar to a redneck mullet).
Personality: Freindly and outgoing, fairly trusting. Likes to flirt with attractive females often, but respects them emmensly. Is most comparible to a Southern 'Good ol' Boy'.
History: After flying for quite a few small, private companies, he saved enough money to buy his own plane and start his own cargo company. Using a new Ford Tri-Motor to haul the cargo, he desides to join the air show to try and win the prise money to get caught up on a few of his bills. He's fairly confedint he can win concidering his plane "Lone Wolf" is among the newer craft at the show.
Other info: Parents are deceased, no siblings. Looking for a signifigant other to talk to. Is skilled in piloting many makes and models, but his 'baby' is his Ford Tri-Motor.

--//--l l--\\

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:13 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Just by mere casualty, is this roleplay dead? Because I was planning on joining to this roleplaying forum.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:43 pm 
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!

Pretty much, and it's a shame. Not enough people interested in roleplaying it seems (I don't have enough time for that myself)
But you may still try to start it again or start a new topic, maybe some other fans will join?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:30 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

There are rpg's on this site? Shame, I had no idea. Anybody know of active ones I can join? (Or if not, start)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:17 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I will gladly join in with forum roleplay (or cooperative creative writing) if a new one starts up.

In the past, however, I've found that

A ) a forum really is not a good medium for this, and,

B ) there must be a clear indication from the GM regarding post order and post deadlines, and,

C ) there must be a clear story to begin the process.

I really recommend people interested in roleplay to look into creating a MUCK, MUSH or other text-based game. There was one in the early days of this millennium dedicated entirely to Talespin, but it was sadly shut down soon after it opened.

There have been some successful MUSH and MUCK games for many franchises. There are several currently active for Firefly, and one particular Star Wars game has been running for over two decades.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:07 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Kitckicker wrote:
I will gladly join in with forum roleplay (or cooperative creative writing) if a new one starts up.

In the past, however, I've found that

A ) a forum really is not a good medium for this, and,

B ) there must be a clear indication from the GM regarding post order and post deadlines, and,

C ) there must be a clear story to begin the process.

I really recommend people interested in roleplay to look into creating a MUCK, MUSH or other text-based game. There was one in the early days of this millennium dedicated entirely to Talespin, but it was sadly shut down soon after it opened.

There have been some successful MUSH and MUCK games for many franchises. There are several currently active for Firefly, and one particular Star Wars game has been running for over two decades.

That'd be great, but I'd rather recommmend for RPGs speeqe (chat site)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]