No 22%  22%  [ 11 ]
I dunno 32%  32%  [ 16 ]
yes 46%  46%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 50
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:15 am 
Animation Source is my home!

A Togo movie would be great and this soulde be in the Real balto section. :?

Post subject: Re: Should Togo have a movie?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:10 am 
Beginner
Beginner

whel balto 1 is like a homenage for all the dogs...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:51 pm 

This topic is 3-years-old...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:10 pm 

I'm going to leave it open, since it can be reused.

As for me, Yea, I'd watch that movie. Depends though, if its more so like a copy-movie of Balto, na, but if its different, then ya.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:16 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

I don't know if I'd watch it. Balto was enough for me, anything else is just going to seem like overkill. But for the people interested in the true story and whatnot, it would be a good movie.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:50 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yea I'd definitely see it. It would be nice to see another part of the story as long as it not a total copy of Balto.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:33 am 

Mightybalto1925 wrote:
This topic is 3-years-old...

Ah, Ch'mon, Mighty. If we made a new one we'd get in trouble for that too.
And besides, it's a good topic. There should be no problem in bringing it back.

-

My opinion... very much was already said:

ShebaDove {wolf} wrote:
Yes, but it should be very different to the Balto movies so it dosn't spoil them.

Maybe from a different film studio but about the same story.

But yeah great idea

Sheba

and this is why:

Dani wrote:
Ehhm...I didin ´t know.

ImageImageImage
+| avie [c] RD | Sig by the awesome Hunter! 8D |?| BALIE OD IALPON. |+

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:58 am 
Beginner
Beginner

No, not really. I think it would be an awesome idea for Hollywood to create a separate live-action movie about Balto and the other sled dogs, and have it more based on the real story as opposed to the wolf-dog story. Of course, they'd have to do a REALLY good job on it and it would likely have to be more suited for an older audience as children wouldn't find that very interesting.

But no, I don't think that Togo should get his own movie. Hate on me if you want, but I don't see him as any more of a hero than any of the other dogs who participated. People think he deserves more recognition than Balto and that he's the "real hero" because he ran the longest leg of the race. That really isn't anything special. Someone had to have the longest part of the relay; it's not like they were all going to run the same distance. Togo just happened to be the one. Before you try to come back at me by saying, "Well someone had to be the last one to finish the relay, and it happened to be Balto!" I don't feel thats entirely true. Yes, Balto was the lucky last one, but the fact that he was a very inexperienced sled dog who managed to lead a team through 4 feet of snow, ice, and huricane winds in -40 degree weather and find his way back to Nome without instruction from his musher makes him very amazing and inspiring. That's why I feel Balto is a true hero. Of course all of the dogs who participated in this relay are true heros--and the mushers as well. They all risked their lives (some even lost them) and gave it their all to help this small town and have a wonderful place in American history.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:27 am 
Famous one
Famous one

Again, Riley. Really?

Riley wrote:
But no, I don't think that Togo should get his own movie. Hate on me if you want, but I don't see him as any more of a hero than any of the other dogs who participated.

Your opinions have evolved just a tad, since the days when you used to claim that Balto was the one and only dog who deserved to be called a hero. Of course, you still have a long way to go.

However, on this one point, we agree. As to the movie (the point in your first statement, which I didn't quote), well, there is a movie in the works, based upon the book "The Cruelest Miles". It is a Hollywood project, and not a documentary. Therefore, it will likely be exposed to at least some dramatic license.

Riley wrote:
People think he deserves more recognition than Balto and that he's the "real hero" because he ran the longest leg of the race. That really isn't anything special. Someone had to have the longest part of the relay; it's not like they were all going to run the same distance. Togo just happened to be the one.

It was far more than that. He was one of the oldest dogs in the entire run. And the oldest leader. At twelve years of age, he was older than most lead dogs then or now. Most are retired by that age. That is significant. And I have seen many famous (and less than famous) modern mushers agree on that point.

Riley wrote:
Before you try to come back at me by saying, "Well someone had to be the last one to finish the relay, and it happened to be Balto!" I don't feel thats entirely true. Yes, Balto was the lucky last one, but the fact that he was a very inexperienced sled dog who managed to lead a team through 4 feet of snow, ice, and huricane winds in -40 degree weather and find his way back to Nome without instruction from his musher makes him very amazing and inspiring. That's why I feel Balto is a true hero. Of course all of the dogs who participated in this relay are true heros--and the mushers as well. They all risked their lives (some even lost them) and gave it their all to help this small town and have a wonderful place in American history.

Of course Balto is a hero. No more than the others. Every lead dog has his or her start at some point. And in random conditions. And did back then too. And as an inexperienced leader, Balto acquitted himself well. But there are a few points here:

a. You actually do not know the depth and density of the snow and the drifts Balto or any other dog and musher faced back then. No one but those mushers, the dogs, and the owners of the roadhouses do. Anything which may have been written is based only upon best guesses or estimates without first-hand experience. The blizzard also shifted the conditions of the snow and ice throughout the run.

b. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: were it not for a snap decision by Gunnar Kaasen to deliberately bypass the Safety Roadhouse just a short distance from Nome, Balto, his teammates and Gunnar Kaasen would have been little more than footnotes in the story, if that. There would be no mount, no Balto statue, no movie bearing his name. It would have been musher Ed Rohn's dog, and the musher himself. As an indication of how history callously played out, the name of Ed Rohn's lead dog has apparently been lost. And Ed Rohn and his team never got to do their assigned part of the run...thanks to Gunnar Kaasen (whether or not it was a deliberate act, or an accident). Balto's fame was due to a simple twist of fate in the final hours of the run. Nothing more. But for that, Balto's name would have been consigned to the same fate as almost all of the other dogs in the run (lead or not)...total obscurity.

c. Lead dogs did often pick through the route, in harsh conditions, on their own. But they were never entirely free of supervision by their mushers.

Avatar of epicness, and awesome signature image, by MightyBalto1925!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Jersey, you need to stop acting like that. First of all, I never said that Balto was the only one to deserve being called a hero. Every dog and musher who participated in this relay is a hero, and if you ask me, I'd say the least we could do is put up a plaque of all of their names to honor what they did. Also, you have no way of knowing that the details we read in articles are only based off of guesses with no first-hand experience. I don't see why they would just be made up. This story received coverage by the media when this happened and there is no reason why mushers who participated in this relay could not tell their stories for the records. Either way, I'm pretty sure we can be confident in the fact that these dogs and mushers faced horrible conditions in an Alaskan snow storm.

Second, you need to stop talking down to people. You are not above anyone else on this site. I (nor anyone else) am not below you just because my opinion differs from yours, and you are not going to act that way. It is outrageously immature and uncalled for. I don't know what your story is, but I'm not going to be punished for it. You aren't the boss of me and I do not tolerate people putting me down and smashing my opinions. Be mature and accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you on everything like I am. I stand by everything I have said.

Whether or not Togo gets a movie is not what's most important. What's important here is that more people know the story of how humans and dogs have faced unbelievable obsticles and never gave up on themselves in order to help others who were in dire need of help, and that they see the story as an inspiration and a phenomenal moment in American history. Alaska wasn't part of the states way back then, but still.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:32 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Location: In the pilot's seat of a Cessna 172, 4,500 feet in the air.
Riley wrote:
Jersey, you need to stop acting like that. First of all, I never said that Balto was the only one to deserve being called a hero. Every dog and musher who participated in this relay is a hero, and if you ask me, I'd say the least we could do is put up a plaque of all of their names to honor what they did. Also, you have no way of knowing that the details we read in articles are only based off of guesses with no first-hand experience. I don't see why they would just be made up. This story received coverage by the media when this happened and there is no reason why mushers who participated in this relay could not tell their stories for the records. Either way, I'm pretty sure we can be confident in the fact that these dogs and mushers faced horrible conditions in an Alaskan snow storm.

Second, you need to stop talking down to people. You are not above anyone else on this site. I (nor anyone else) am not below you just because my opinion differs from yours, and you are not going to act that way. It is outrageously immature and uncalled for. I don't know what your story is, but I'm not going to be punished for it. You aren't the boss of me and I do not tolerate people putting me down and smashing my opinions. Be mature and accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you on everything like I am. I stand by everything I have said.

Whether or not Togo gets a movie is not what's most important. What's important here is that more people know the story of how humans and dogs have faced unbelievable obsticles and never gave up on themselves in order to help others who were in dire need of help, and that they see the story as an inspiration and a phenomenal moment in American history. Alaska wasn't part of the states way back then, but still.

The fact that Jersey's opinion differs from yours doesnt exactly make him talking down to you either. I cant find anywhere where he did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:13 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Balto-the-WOlf-Dog wrote:
The fact that Jersey's opinion differs from yours doesnt exactly make him talking down to you either. I cant find anywhere where he did.

JerseyCaptain wrote:
Of course, you still have a long way to go.

There ^. I honestly don't care if Jersey's opinion differs from mine. I don't have to convince everyone that my way of thinking is the only way with this. But that ^ is just not the way that we should be talking to each other on here. We're all here because we share a common interest and we shouldn't be treating each other that way. I think we can agree that's reasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:29 am 
Advanced
Advanced

Location: In the pilot's seat of a Cessna 172, 4,500 feet in the air.

Anyway, on topic, my vote goes to documentary. I dont belive there are enough of them pretaining to this subject. After all, we already have the creative license version of the serum run taken care of with Balto