1. Respect other members
- If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Members have feelings, and those feelings are easily influenced by your words.2. Avoid swearing
- We want to keep this a kid friendly site. Sexual content should also be avoided, as well as mate talks. Anything that gets reported by several people will be removed. 3. Avoid double posting
- Double/triple/etc posting should be avoided. It can be prevented or corrected by combining your 2nd post into the 1st with the edit button or deleting an accidental secondary post with the delete button. There are some situations where it can be allowed though
: bring to the top a topic which you wrote the last message but many days before, to highlight two different information in a row, posting long fanfics,...
So, it's tolerated, but 4. No obscene avatars or sigs
- Same as rule 1, we want to keep this place kid friendly.5. No animated sigs or avatars
- Animated images grab a persons attention and a lot of times are just a distraction when trying to read through posts. It also takes people with slower internet connections a long time to load images like these. Also, your signature must be horizontal and its maximum size is 1000*200. Finally, you're not allowed to put more than one signature. (this applies to the forums)6. Avoid typing in all caps
- When you type in all caps it means you are yelling and it also makes it somewhat difficult to read. There are exceptions to this rule if you are just emphasizing some words, or lines in a fan fic that needs to be in caps.7. Avoid writing in SMS language
- this is annoying for the readers. Use ponctuation. For example, do not write "any1 like" but "What do you think about my drawing?"8. Avoid short answers
- Avoid uninteresting and short comments such as "good job", "I like it"... that does not bring anything to the topic and are considered as "spam". Be constructive, it's much more interesting for the readers!9. Avoid off-topics
- Try to keep on the subject. Of course, this rule is meant for extreme cases, eg : a topic about dogs, and someone posts about cars...10. Starting a topic
- When you start a new topic, make sure you start it in the right section. Bringing back old topics IS allowed (even topics from years ago). Making new topics even though there's already one similar is allowed, except if the previous topic appears on the same page.11. No offensive topics
. - Religious or politics topics often bring wars, so they should be avoided. In a general way, topics related to something illegal (copying games, how to make a bomb...) are forbidden.12. Changing usernames
- This should stay very rare. If you really want to change your username, connect on the site with the same login/password you use on the forums, click on "Edit my profile" and then "Change username".13. Moderators
- Do not ask to be moderator. If you wish to help on the site, be a good member and maybe you'll get noticed. Although, you CAN ask to be a site builder or a webranker, but you will be accepted only if you are good enough. Post in the two "Animation Source contests " on Balto Source to show your work!14. Animation/Cartoons
- Animation Source is dedicated to several of the finest animation films and series, please do not register if you only want to roleplay or talk in the "other" section. This site is for the animations fans...so talk about animation!15. One account by person
- Several people using the same account always make problems. Never give your password to anyone!16. Multi-accounts
- They are tolerated, but any bad behavior from one of these accounts may result in getting all of them banned. (eg : if the username/profile is clearly intended to offend people, it will be banned)17. No Useless Topics/Posts
: Please do not post topics and/or posts that are useless. They are defined as "useless" if they do not contain material that can be replied to in an intelligent manner. Ie, "I fell down today," or "I got my braces off!" People don't have too much to say about that.18. Do not try to resolve personal problems
. (except in the "Rant section"). This forum is a place of expressing opinions; not fighting.19. Avoid debates on sexual matters
. They are even worse than political talks, and quickly come into wars. As soon as a few people get offended by a topic like this, the mods are free to act and remove the topic and/or ban the member. The topic can be removed immediately if it's CLEARLY an attempt to offend people, eg posting nude pictures.20. Stealing is not allowed
. This includes : pictures from other websites, fanarts from other artists, musics, videos, etc...anything that you didn't ask permission from the original author before using it. This applies on the whole site, including profiles. However, taking your own screenshots from films/series, or screenshots from Animation Source, is tolerated.21. Avoid spoilers
Do not spoil a films/series (for example, do not explain the ending...) If you wish to include spoilers, use the appropriate phpBB tag "spoiler".22. These rules aren't exhaustive
. This means that there are informal rules that people should respect, and that you can be banned because of something not listed here if it's really necessary.23. These rules apply on the site, the shout boxes and the forums.General rule : the mods will take action on any behavior that is clearly done FOR offending other members.
: if someone is breaking one of these rules, and it seems necessary to take action :
- If the same member has already been warned/banned many times previously about the same thing, mods can immediately ban the member.
- If the situation requires immediate action, such as member who is clearly provoking the other members by posting "LOLOLOLOL" on the shout box repeatedly, posting porn pictures (these are examples), immediately ban the member.
- Otherwise, send a warning PM/email to the member. If the member still continues to act badly, send another warning. If it happens again (even if it's days after the first warning), you can ban the member.