Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: have you like lady and the tramp 2?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:30 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

As far as sequels go this was definately one of the top made ones I've seen from disney in years...the other probably being Patch's London Adventure. To me once an idea as universal as Lady and the Tramp is made it can rarely be revisited and very seldom found again in a sequel. With this one they came close in my opinion.
Scamp to me was perfect....everyones annoying when they are learning huge life lessons especially when they are big ones that we all have to go through at one point or another. The voice of Scott Wolf brings kinda a sence of youth even with how old the actor is who is also created with Max from the Goof Troop. That said the dynamics of the story were well executed and followed up in picking up the story from LandTT. Original songs, story progression.... also the reason I think Tramp was out of character is that in this one he's a father...of course he's going to be different!!
He's seen both sides of the fence and now has children and has gotten older lol. Granted it's hard to see yer favorite character get old....I had a hard time with that. Still in my eyes this movie was a winner.

Post subject: Re: Do you like lady and the tramp 2?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:17 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

As far as Disney sequels go, it's good. But I can't say I liked it all that much, I mean, I like the characters in themselves but the storyline isn't the best and it's all a little predictive once you're into it. But the thing that gets me most is Tramps personality in it...I know he's a father and all, but I wish they hadn't taken away all his charm and wit, that's what made me love him in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:38 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

No, period!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:30 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

I did not really enjoy it. I mean it was alright, but not full of life like the first

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:35 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I thought that it was okay. The first one was better. Scamp was cute, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:26 pm 
Living here
Living here

Even though I've watched this alot when I was little , It's not as good as the first. I Thought it was Ok. I hated the fact that they repeated the story of the first.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:49 pm 

AleuoverKodi wrote:
Even though I've watched this alot when I was little , It's not as good as the first. I Thought it was Ok. I hated the fact that they repeated the story of the first.

I'll grant you that; it might have been interesting to see Tramp adjusting to fatherhood, a la Despicable Me 2. On the other hand, for reasons I won't elaborate on just now, I did find the father/son aspect of the movie exceptionally heartwarming.

Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:33 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

I like the second movie far more than the first one. Of course, the first one is a classic and one of the best Disney movies (especially compared to Aristocats (for example). But the second movie is not only better than the first one, it's one of the best Disney-DTV-Sequels.

Animations and drawings are on a very high level (alway remember, it's only DTV), Buster is a cool villain. Angel and Scamp are real cute characters.

The only thing, I could criticize: It has a little bit too much singing.

However, L&T2 is one of my all-time favorite Disney-movies!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:07 pm 

Darkling Nocturnal wrote:
I like the second movie far more than the first one. Of course, the first one is a classic and one of the best Disney movies (especially compared to Aristocats (for example). But the second movie is not only better than the first one, it's one of the best Disney-DTV-Sequels.

Animations and drawings are on a very high level (alway remember, it's only DTV), Buster is a cool villain. Angel and Scamp are real cute characters.

The only thing, I could criticize: It has a little bit too much singing.

However, L&T2 is one of my all-time favorite Disney-movies!

I really didn't mind the singing all that much, but I agree with you on the rest. I also like the fact that in place of the situation they had in Lady and the Tramp where Tramp was trying to draw Lady into his way of life, they had Angel trying to warn Scamp, "No, don't take this road. I'm in the hole right now, and you don't want to be down here too. It stinks."

My one real complaint was that if Scamp and his sibs were born in early December, as they seemed to have been in the first movie, they would have been older than Lady was when she first met Tramp. Instead they were younger.

Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:43 pm 
Living here
Living here

I really love the sequel better than the first one even the first one is so sweet ^^ I liked Angel , she is an adorble and wise character plus she has a tough side. Scamp was more to like a "rebel teenager" after all sometimes when were teens or children didn't we make mistakes and troubles sometimes? The sequel had many imprortant morals like :"Family is better than being alone" I'm a teenager almost 17, I think Angel helped Scamp during the movie and I think Tramp is a good father just rougher than most disney sequels parents (TLK2 Simba didn't gave his daguther freedom. I feel related to Kiara in her actions (menatlly, I know she is just a character).... Too bad Lady is not having a bigger role, I think she would help her son too... And the sisters Lady clone they are cute but meh personality... Also Buster (the villian) got ditched by Tramp that he found a girl and stuff it made him feel depressed. In real life friends shouldn't ditch other friends for a girlfriend instead they are continue to be friends even they have a girl in thier lives.

I think Lady and The Tramp 2 is better disney sequels than most disney sequels (They are also good sequels like TLK2, Brother Bear 2 and ect..)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:33 pm 

I liked it for the most part. But I didn't like because it was so short. 69 minutes. That's short. I wanted like 90 or 80 something minutes. But other then that the movie is good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:28 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Yes, it's short. But Disney got even shorter cinema movies (Dumbo, e.g.).

But better short without length instead of wordy 90 minutes :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 pm 

Darkling Nocturnal wrote:
Yes, it's short. But Disney got even shorter cinema movies (Dumbo, e.g.).

But better short without length instead of wordy 90 minutes :wink:

Oh. What did you mean by "But better short without length instead of wordy 90 minutes"?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:43 pm 
Young pup

I pretty much agree with what Kye said.

When I first watched the movie when I was little, I loved the idea of "Junkyard Dogs", in fact, i used to tip this Barbie Doll house thing on it's side (I did not like Barbie btw) and used it as the junkyard and played with my little plastic dog toys on it.

But now that i saw it about 2-3 years ago (being older) my thoughts have changed. I still like the songs in the movie - my favorite being Scamp's little "Far from here is, where I want to be" song. Although, as you said Corndog101, it was quite a short movie. The things that I love in movies is feeling what the characters are feeling. There was not many big moments in the movie that were dedicated to how the characters were feeling besides Scamp being in the pound truck. I think if the movie was longer, there would be much more opportunity for those calm scenes that focuses just on the character and not on events in the plot. Then again, it has been awhile so my memory might have failed me :p

With my favorite character being Tramp, in the second movie, his personality did seem a little out of place in comparison to the first one. But as Kye said, Tramp has the role of a father and he is just simply older. I remember a quote of;
"Old tramp?" *hmph* "If only the old Tramp is/was, still here" ~Tramp
I can't remember if it was "is" or "was".
Anyhow, I think they were just trying to show the personality change of time passing.

Wow, I wrote a novel :p I think i will leave it at that for now.
Oh and for Angle, I was and still am quite neutral with her.

Advertisement