Yes 89%  89%  [ 31 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It's okay 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 35
 Post subject: Disney's Robin hood
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:51 pm 
Famous one
Famous one

Who has seen the animated movie? I don't think I've actually heard of Robin hood until I saw this movie, and it prompted me to actually read the book, all in all I think it got some parts right, but I guess they replaced some parts of the book.

Follow me on Disqus! Beautiful signature made by Nakou

Post subject: Re: Disney's Robin hood
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:52 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

I have seen it, and I like it. I first saw it with my sister at a friend's house, and he was going on about how good the movie was...I think I was about nine at the time, or maybe eight, I can't remember. I remember how I kept on saying 'he looks like Todd from The Fox and the Hound' :lol: . The movie was pretty good in my oppinion, and the animals chosen for each character really suited the personalities of the characters. Must say, this is one of Disney's best movies...I'm not a big fan of all the new stuff like Bolt, although I thought Bolt was an alright movie. I just prefer the older movies like Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmations, Mary Poppins, Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound, and I even used to watch Peter Pan when I was a bit younger..Like when I was, six or seven or something. This movie, Robin Hood, is indeed a very good one and I intend to buy the dvd instead of renting it from the video store every once in a while. Long live Robin Hood, and a pox on the phoney king of england! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:44 am 
Advanced
Advanced

I saw this movie when I was 10 years old, and fell in love. It changed my life forever, and to this day it remains one of my favorite movies of all time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:16 am 

To be honest i never heard of the movie till iwas about.. 14-15? i started watching animation again when i felt nostalgia of aristocats and all dogs go to heaven when i was 13. since i saw those two when i was very young. and then i felt i wanted to watch more. such as balto,lionking and so forth. and eventully i hit into robin hood.. and.. i really got NO clue how i can set out my top list of favorite films.. cause i got 4 movies i love. this being one of em. i just LOVE it.. really its so relaxing and very funny if you got a good mind. i dunno why, even if its a low budget movie. it came out perfect cause it really had alot of heart put into it and im not a big of afan of robin hood.. but i still just Love this movie. i just not the biggest fan of live action, il watch it but animation is always my strong genre i like. and Robin hood is in competing for first in my top list of favourite films. i Love all the characters in this film its just so entertaining. the villain is really good cause its pretty much a pussy cat. xD when i heard him cry for mommy while sucking his thumb and holding his ear. i just couldnt stop smiling throughout the rest of the movie. its just that good, the humor to me aint like LOL funny. but like.. that kind of inside humor that lightens your day up and makes ya feel like ya laughing but your sitting and smiling most of the time. see what i mean? also what.. i dont really love as a character but is a very decent villain is the 'Honourable' Sheriff of Nottingham. i Hate this character for how cruel he is, like any villain ofcourse. but what bugs me is they had to go ahead and say wolves are the evil guys. why is that so common among the film genre of animals? i dunno but still hes a very decent villain. truely does capture the art of cruelty from stealing from the poor. and the other characters.. i love em all, Lady Cluck is just tooo much fun really :lol: and.. aye i just love the film in general. it most of its aspects. the animation very ofcourse as you can tell how traditional it is. no new movie now could capture the heart and soul put into their movies like classic animation. and thats what i got to say =3

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:48 am 

I only watched the movie on youtube not long ago..Opps. But I enjoyed the movie. Not to a fan extent, but I enjoyed the movie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:24 am 
Beginner
Beginner

I've seen this film, somewhere between when I was 10 or 11 or maby even older, I don't know, but this movie has been one of my altime favorites, although it's a little moved in the doubth file of my films. I've seen this film in the Dutch dubbed version, so mayby could thát be the reason. Of this film, the only real piece I remeber as gold, is the final climax, actually the whole ending, even the last pieces of them.

I've seen the modern interpretation of this story with Russel Crowe, and the first thing I had in my backmind, was to compare the story with the Disney version, and I have to say, if Disney made a reboot of this, I would think that Disney is going back to Bambi-standards!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:20 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I liked Robin Hood but its not a favorite.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:11 am 

Like many other Disney movies, it was one of my favorites growing up.
This version of Robin Hood was the one I was most familiar with, but not the only one. My dad's a fan of his story, so there's at least two others I know.

ImageImageImage
+| avie [c] RD | Sig by the awesome Hunter! 8D |?| BALIE OD IALPON. |+

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:25 am 
Famous one
Famous one

They've made tons of Robin Hood movies over the year. Including that one with Russel Crowe a few years back. But i enjoy THIS one the best

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:46 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

they have made many robin hood movies

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:38 pm 

Falinethedeer wrote:
they have made many robin hood movies

The topic was about if you liked of not the Disney's version. What you wrote here should have gotten at least an explanation and is considered spam. Please, if you want to write something on a topic, at least do not spam.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:55 pm 
Newcomer
Newcomer

i love it watched it severel times and enjoyed i also used to own it on a vhs and i bought the dvd from the fleamarket at the fairground have not watched it yet though

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am 

I've put that it's OK.

Advertisement