Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Chicken Soup for Animation Source
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:37 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

This is going to be my first fanfic on this site. Chicken Soup for Animation Source is my own personal compilation of stories that have inspired me one way or another. I have gotten my inspiration for stories of other people, stories I have read from the internet, stories I have read from books, stories I have gotten from movies, etc. I have asked about this title to a moderator, and he said the title is not plagiarism, so please don't accuse me of plagiarism. I have gotten inspiration from the sources listed above, and I have created my own stories. I have not taken them directly from other literary pieces, so don't accuse me of that either. My fanfic would be written in the format of a real Chicken for the Soul book. It would have a title and a corresponding character.
Here is a teaser of one of the stories I would put in this fanfic of mine:

Ran for Life
by: Balto

I never thought I would be the leader of a sled team. I was just an outcast, a wolfdog to which no-one wanted or liked. I always wanted to be on a sled team, but no-one would want me to join their team. I have always wanted to prove myself worthy of becoming a sled dog, but never had the opportunity to do it. But that all changed one December night, when a diptheria epidemic plagued Nome and rendered most of the children bed-ridden and dying. The next day, a race was held, to see who would be one the sled team to save the town. I immediately jumped at the opportunity to prove myself worthy of becoming a sled dog. I stepped up to the starting line and prepared myself for the race of my life. The gun was shot, and the race started. I raced my heart out, and to my big surprise and to the surprise of everyone around me, I won first place. It was a very happy moment for me, for once, I have proved myself worthy of becoming a sled dog, for once, I proved that I could do it. Unfortunately, this happiness of mine was not to last. My chances of becoming a sled dog was ruined by Steele, the lead dog of the sled team. I was crushed, all my hardwork in the race of my life for nothing. I really felt my whole world collapsed on top of me. I watched as the sled team that was I was supposed to be in, went away to save the town. I mixture of sadness and anger filled my heart. I thought, I would never have another chance. A few days later, a telegram came in announcing that the sled team was missing. At that time, everyone, including me was disappointed. We were disappointed about the loss of the dogs, and that the medicine would not make it in time. I thought about the children. Those young souls whose lives will be lost without the medicine. I immediately decided to go forth and look for the missing sled team. Maybe there is still hope. Maybe I still have a chance to not only be a sled dog, but also to save the lives of the children. I embarked on my journey, having a few mishaps, I finally found the sled team. They have been in an accident, and are in complete disarray. But despite their accident, Steele, the lead dog, would not give up the medicine that easily. I tried to convince him to let me help them, but he would not listen. He fought me, and ended up falling of the cliff. At that moment, the other dogs lined up in their positions. To my complete amazement, they handed me the lead dog leash. I could not believe it! I am a sled dog, but a not just a sled dog, I was the lead dog. I led them through twists and turns, until finally, we made it into Nome. It was a feeling of utter happiness, knowing this was it, you have done it, the children are saved. I never thought I could do it, but I did. Giving up was the only defeat I have encountered. The real victory was not to give up. I will remember this moment. I will remember the time I ran for life.

Please tell me any comments, recommendations, and suggestions for the other stories I would place in this fanfic. If you like your characters to be in this fanfic, please don't hesitate to ask me. I would gladly heed your call. I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
Special mention to Dragon Tamer, brilliant fanfic my friend. I love your poem fanfic, "How do you do it". Keep up the great work. :)

Post subject: Re: Chicken Soup for Animation Source
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:45 pm 
Animation Source is my home!

Thanks. Glad you liked it. :)
This seems like an interesting idea, but it might help if you broke up the paragraph some. Walls of text can be a bit off-putting.

Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 am 
Newcomer
Newcomer

Okay, Thank you DT. I will do the necessary adjustments in my fanfic. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:43 pm 

Bambi Fletcher wrote:
Okay, Thank you DT. I will do the necessary adjustments in my fanfic. :)

Always glad to help.

Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here