Animation Source Forums

=> Visit the Animation Source fansites!

Read the site rules!

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Do you like this film idea for Balto IV?
I love it!!!! 71%  71%  [ 12 ]
I like it! 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
It's okay 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not Sure 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't like it! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I hate it with a passion!!!! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: Balto IV: Journey of Revelation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:45 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

I have not yet hammered out all the details and disclaimer subjects of characters yet; I only have a plot summary and I want public opinion before I go further into my writing. I am completely open to constructive criticism and suggestions for ideas on the plotline, so please comment on how I can improve the story.

===========

Synopsis: It has been two years since the Nome dogsled team beat out the bush plane and then saved the pilot from death in the wilderness. Now, Balto is becoming less and less energetic as his children continue his legacy of dog sledding excellence by winning the first two Iditarod races, which have been held in their father’s honor. When they are to set the world record for distance covered by a sled team in 24 hours, they, along with their father, who has come along for one last spell of glory, they encounter their estranged family member, Aleu, along with the pack of wolves she is heading. When the team’s musher is killed on Aleu’s orders, Balto and his children are stranded in the Alaskan wilderness and Aleu has no idea they are her family. She repeatedly orders for their death, and her siblings and father continue to outmaneuver her henchmen, Balto and Kodi secretly sneak into the pack’s headquarters and have a conversation with his daughter, who, in turn, becomes very angry with herself and calls off the orders for them to be killed.

Meanwhile, back in Nome, after the team has been missing for three days and having received no transmissions from the town they were supposed to be headed to, the town begins to panic, sending up search teams, and, due to Balto’s national fame, the National Guard and entire Airborne Divisions are called in to search for the dogs. As the media descends on the quiet town, Jenna and the rest of the Gang become aware of the magnitude of the situation and Boris, along with Muk and Luk, attempt to comfort an increasingly depressed Jenna, who is finding solace at the local Church along with hundreds of other people praying for the dogs’ welfare.

Back in the wilderness, Aleu and the rest of her pack are not able to give directions to Balto and the rest of Aleu’s family back to Nome. When Balto decides to spend some time alone while the rest of his children remain in the hospitality of Aleu’s pack, he is visited by the ghost of his mother, who tells him—spiritually and cryptically, of course—directions back to Nome. Balto returns to headquarters and tells of his encounter with the spirits, but everybody believes him to be crazy. Will they listen to Balto and follow his directions back to Nome or will they all perish?

Balto IV: Journey of Revelation: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17758&start=0

Last edited by Balto_freak on Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Balto IV: Journey of Revelation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:08 am 
Living here
Living here

I think the plot sounds pretty good, very long. I take it you plan on having the story be long to.

Go for it!

"I'd rather be called weak than die thinking I was strong..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:43 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Thank you, Grey Wolf 777 :D I appreciate the input and I strongly encourage anybody who views this thread to make suggestions on plot details for me to consider.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:30 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I say go for it! It'll take a while to do, but I'm sure it'll be great!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:35 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Thank you, I Love Aleu and happy 1st anniversary on the boards!!!!!!

P.S. Why didn't you vote? lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:54 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Does anybody have any plot ideas for me to consider?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:49 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Balto_freak wrote:
Thank you, I Love Aleu and happy 1st anniversary on the boards!!!!!!

P.S. Why didn't you vote? lol

Thank you so much and my computer must've been slow when I was voting and etc.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:05 pm 
Living here
Living here

Location: Well, if you can't see me, why should I tell you?! My camoflauge works.
Very creative plot, Balto_freak.
I only have a few points for consideration:
1) I'm not sure how Aleu wouldn't at least recognize her father. I admit that age changes things, but his smell should stay much the same. My suggestion: Have most of the confusion take place in the midst of a snow storm, so there's more of a reason for the misunderstanding.
2) Use the snow storm also to give the citizens of Nome a reason to believe the team is lost. Perhaps have the storm come up quickly, unexpected.
3) Arrange a series of unfortunate events to knock out at least the other town's telegraph. I'll leave that up to you.
4) It strikes me as wierd that the state of Alaska would call up US Airborne Divisions (are we talking paratroopers, because they didn't come about until the 1940s...) or even the National Guard (not sure when they were created). It just seems like too much. However, this could be explained if perhaps there was more than one sled team and their cargo was very valuable or vital.
5) Why has Aleu become so angry at these "strangers"? Did something happen to bring out this anger? Does she have any compassion left?

Please take no offense, I only mean to offer suggestions.
-LWf

Wake Up America - Balto
Long Black Train - Balto
Balto - Go the Distance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:13 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

I love suggestions 1 and 2. I will definitely give #3 some very careful consideration. In response to #4, the National Guard was in place since 1903 and Airborne Divisions existed since WWI. Also, in response to #5, I never said that Aleu was doing it with rage; it could be just for food. Also, she was angry with herself, you may have read it wrong because I have some grammatical errors in it, so thank you for your suggestions, LWf!!!!!!!!

P.S.: You didn't vote. HAHA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:26 pm 
Living here
Living here

Location: Well, if you can't see me, why should I tell you?! My camoflauge works.
My mistake on Aleu's anger. I'll leave that to you.
As for the airborne divisions, my mind jumped to paratroopers. As I recall, the only use of planes in World War I was as fighters and later as bombers. There were no paratroopers in World War I. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I firmly believe there were no paratroopers. The real concept of paratroopers was not brought to war until World War II, first with Hitler, then with the British and US.
If you meant to simply use bush pilots and Air Corps planes as searchers, that easily makes sense, but the paratroopers, not so much.

And, yes, I've voted now. :wink:

-LWf

Wake Up America - Balto
Long Black Train - Balto
Balto - Go the Distance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:30 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

No, I wasn't talking about paratroopers I was talking about military planes brought in to search because they can run on more fuel.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:03 pm 
Living here
Living here

Aha! I thought so.
This will work nicely. Keep me posted on this one. I'm very interested.

-LWf

Wake Up America - Balto
Long Black Train - Balto
Balto - Go the Distance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:17 pm 
Advanced
Advanced

Well, today, I had a plotline revelation: what about having Steele's son involved and i mean really involved in the plot? Maybe have him come along for the run seeing as how Balto has only 5 children without Aleu and with him it would only be 6 which means that there would be an extra place!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:27 am 
Living here
Living here

I voted "love it"--sound great!

*~Proud Pegasister/brony~*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:22 pm 
Animation Source is my home!
Animation Source is my home!

Lone Wolf_fanwriter wrote:
Very creative plot, Balto_freak.
I only have a few points for consideration:
1) I'm not sure how Aleu wouldn't at least recognize her father. I admit that age changes things, but his smell should stay much the same. My suggestion: Have most of the confusion take place in the midst of a snow storm, so there's more of a reason for the misunderstanding.
2) Use the snow storm also to give the citizens of Nome a reason to believe the team is lost. Perhaps have the storm come up quickly, unexpected.
3) Arrange a series of unfortunate events to knock out at least the other town's telegraph. I'll leave that up to you.
4) It strikes me as wierd that the state of Alaska would call up US Airborne Divisions (are we talking paratroopers, because they didn't come about until the 1940s...) or even the National Guard (not sure when they were created). It just seems like too much. However, this could be explained if perhaps there was more than one sled team and their cargo was very valuable or vital.
5) Why has Aleu become so angry at these "strangers"? Did something happen to bring out this anger? Does she have any compassion left?

Please take no offense, I only mean to offer suggestions.
-LWf

Lone Wolf brings up some good points, and there's one more: Aleu and the wolves left for parts unknown, so it's dooubtful that they would cross paths. Remember, the Iditarod follows the path of the medicine run, and there were no signs that that even intersected with the path taken in Wolf Quest at any point.
That aside, it sounds like it would make a wonderful movie. I can think of an answer, albeit an unlikely one, for Lone Wolf's first point: Perhaps Aleu was only aware of the strangers through messengers, and had never seen them (or at least any of the ones related to her) directly. Granted, this would still leave her harsh attitude toward them as highly uncharacteristic, but it could answer that one point.

Sig and userbars created by Bastet :spiderman:
Body piercing saved my life
my-book-t30672.html Click here